1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding Gear Weight

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by LiveFast......, Nov 18, 2019.

1. So I ordered the chest protector inserts for my race suit as they were on offer and as the weather is shit and I was bored I decided to try on the suit with them in.

One thing led to another and after thinking “fucking hell I can now hardly breathe, I forgot how heavy this thing is, I’m stuck, help”..... I finally got around to weighing all of my track gear.

I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised but it came to just under 11.5 kg!

Boots 2244g
    Helmet 1633g
    Gloves 512g
    Base layer 252g
    Leathers and back protector 6.8kg

This works out at 14% of my body weight. Is this normal? Have I just bought very heavy gear?

I’d be interested to hear what your kit weighs.

2. Well I've got an Alpinestars V2 TechAir race suit with dedicated vest and it weighs a bastard ton! So no, don't think you've bought heavy kit. It does all weigh quite a bit.

3. With my kit on I have to adjust for a two person ride plus luggage..... the rest is just numbers.

4. Unless they are top end gp leathers, protection equals heavy :upyeah:

It’s why when setting suspension up you should be fully kitted ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah that was the reason for the weigh in.

I have picked up a K-tech DDS Pro rear shock on here and those Maxton fork cartridges from Sean Neary and want an accurate weight to base spring rates on.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information