1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding In Shorts? Your Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Quite regularly o_O: unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I wholly admit to riding in ripped jeans, t-shirt and deck shoes etc as a youth. With open face lids and no gloves.

However I was riding lambrettas then. I say riding, when I really mean pushing the damned things.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. First time I went to Daytona i couldn’t believe the Harley riders filtering at 80mph on the freeway helmetless and wearing shorts.
    Heavy traffic across five lanes so basically if they hit the deck they were dead.
    Heavy price to pay to be part of a scene.

4. The responsibility for riding in the correct gear goes beyond the rider though doesn't it? I mean we've all seen the twonks riding without gloves, wearing flip-flops *hah* and fashionable summer attire. I get it (but wouldn't do it), each to his or her own. However, I think it is cringeworthy when you see a two up bike with the rider all togged up, and the little lady sitting proudly on the pillion with just a crash hat and no other safety gear! Makes me fume, but I've seen a couple of instances of this of late, and I have to say that is downright irresponsible of those riders to disregard the safety of their pillion.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. That's awful news. Poor guy must have gone through agony.

What a terrible situation. Given it's a fatality the Police will probably come back to you Nood's for a full statement. At least you can be accurate, from what you said even you'd looked in the mirror and there was nothing. Unfortunately this young guy shouldn't have been overtaking there.

Irrespective of the drivers age etc, he'll be totally traumatised too. Along with the lads family it all adds up to a terrible sad scenario.

6. yeah the skin isn't only a cover, its an organ... My son had bad excess as child.. life-threatening due to loss of skin as soon as he could move his arms to scratch. Too much and too deep is very bad news.

7. I too have seen riders in leathers a pillion lady in shorts flip flops and tshirt
    I couldn’t live with myself should something happen
    Everyone using the road has extra responsibility for those choosing to take a risk dressed inappropriately for a bike

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. We are all entitled to an opinion. I haven’t spoken Ill of the chap nor will I, he made his choice and in my humble opinion a poor one, maybe full protective equipment would not have saved him, maybe it would. My condolences go out to his family and still, my sympathy to all the people who will not be able to unsee what they witnessed that day esp the guy who made the turn in the car.
    Not sure why the Tommy mind parroting media comment?

9. I have watched this thread for a while now with a slightly as it turns out, macabre interest since the guy sadly lost his life. I am quite shocked and disgusted by those who said no sympathy etc etc as the guy has paid the ultimate cost for a mistake he obviously didn't see coming. Yes, some may argue he was daft, and I agree that this lad made a mistake. But to sit at the front of this thread giving it the "no sympathy" vote ?? Imagine a car driver that goes through a screen and dies cause he forgot his seat belt or didn't have a crash hat on or body armour. Do we just say fuck it to all of them ? it was an accident that has resulted in a fellow riders death, and i think be it a biker with no PPE, a biker with PPE, or even a car driver having a fatal, is not something we should be fucking off with the no sympathy vote. The poor guy is gone and imo, the penalty did not fit the crime. RIP Laddo :(

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Spoke with my mate, my GDaughters Dad a few hours ago and he said that although she doesn’t work at the hospital where he was taken too she was informed of his condition and eventual sad demise.. She was later told he had zero bone breakages nor head trauma it was the open abrasions that ultimately killed him. He went into shock at the scene and worsened as they got him in hospital. The plan was to stabilise him before moving him to a burns hospitial.. later due to the shock on the vital organs the heart went into cardiac arrest..

Please note the medical description and terms is second hand from one non medicaly trained Dad to another..

11. This ain't no election so where did this "no sympathy" vote come from ? This comes from my own opinion and remains my opinion to all those who knowingly set out disregarding their own personal and other road users safety.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Wayne's World ........ nobody allowed to have an opinion.

13. Ah that’s sad news Noodles
    I’m sorry you all had to witness it and thoughts go out to the riders family

If we all take one thing from this is to stay safe whatever you are doing

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Have you got a link to this crash? 80 mph and no broken bones or head trauma? I had quick google and of info nothimg, which I was surprised given bike, speeding, shorts.

15. My fingers remain crossed, that none of your friends or family have an accident of any kind, whereby it could have been prevented by something they could have done.

16. Accidents / Incidents happen for all sorts of reasons to all and sundry and in some cases deserve all the sympathy required, this one imo doesn't. Only my heartfelt thanks and support for all those involved and of course my thoughts are with the family and friends of the demised.
    Uncross your fingers Wayne you will never know.

17. Think what you like, it’s called personal freedom which the poor sod who died just riding his bike was exerting, but you’re still wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Wrong for what ? Expressing my opinion, since when did you become the thought Police ? Totally opposite to what you are advocating. Poor.

19. Your opinion is wrong. Thought that was obvious from my comment. : unamused:

20. Oh OK

Do Not Sell My Personal Information