1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riding In Shorts? Your Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, Aug 5, 2018.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. So his front wheel has almost stopped rotating when he touched down with obvious consequences, not pulled a wheelie for 40 years, reason being you look a complete div if it goes wrong:)

2. Ever find a link?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Were you riding a Ducati?
    Most Ducati rear brakes could never provoke a lock up, I know mine wouldn't..

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. We all make mistakes and use bad judgement from time to time..
    You don’t deserve to die in the most horrific way as a result

RIP fella

5. I can’t believe the riding I saw yesterday, a guy in shorts and
    tshirt he came right up to me at speed then weaved in and out of the traffic even down the left hand side of the traffic
    I couldn’t believe my eyes that’s an accident waiting to happen

Then I stopped at farm foods got out of my car to see a papa johns delivery scoot bash into a guy on a lovely VFR as he hadn’t seen the van turning and everyone was stopped he was filtering up the line of traffic
    I dispair :confused:

6. Nope.

7. :joy::joy: No it was on an old Yamaha r1 , I didn’t realise I had my foot on it even when I was already sliding for some reason , it was only after it happened I realised I had

8. After years of riding bikes I actually find it hard not to wear protective gear.
    Like getting in a Car I feel naked without a seatbelt.
    I think I ride better with it on, after 30
    Years plus riding motocross I’ve seen my fair share of life changing and life ending injuries of people with brilliant protective clothes on so find it hard to understand why anyone would want to ride without it.
    Just my opinion though..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. That explains it..

10. One of the drivers for me to easily choose buying a 911 instead of a 1098r (same kind of money). I can just duck trainers shorts tshirt on if I fancy a run somewhere or pop to shops etc with a bit of fun. Sure, not as much fun as a bike, but different type of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. As much fun as you can
    Have with your clothes on. Unless you drive the 911 naked lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Has anybody found any thing on the net yet with regard to this accident??

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Nope but I found this little gem

DB6D3140-4C96-4EBE-A9C8-4909A13A53A8.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Which, of course, you can without the righteous tuts! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Going back to the original post the rider has made a 'mistake'....but for me its nothing to do with the clothes he was or not wearing, thats his choice and you take the consequences with your choice.

The 'mistake' he has made that all seem to have overlooked is not as described, a car turned right in front of him, but he has overtaken a car turning right! Which, unless the car was turning straight into the hedge ( oh and obviously i cant comment on the riding as i wasn't there:rolleyes:) was a opening, an entrance, a cross roads, a junction!. All the warning signs would of been there prior to the impact..

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Was out on the bike the other evening. At some point on a long straight main road, I got passed by a young dude on a Jap Superbike with a girl as a pillion. I tried to follow him WOT acceleration on my 900SSie going flat out and the young dude steadily pulled further ahead. After a couple of kilometres we reached some cars and slowed down. The young dude and girl was in shorts and t-shirts, bare hands and flip-flops. Okay, at those speeds even full leather (which I wore) will only help a little if you hit something, but still better than nothing.

17. I did point it out in post 2.
    No matter, we are both in agreement, don’t overtake at a junction (or similar).

The rider made a costly mistake. Poor fella.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I bet if you could ask the person concerned if he thought riding in shorts was a good idea, he might have changed his mind now.

19. i bet he may even have developed an understanding of not overtaking through a hazard.........

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information