1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Rest in peace, guy obviously had his demons :(

3. Numb.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  4. Shocked !!!!
    RIP Chester
    Thoughts with your family and friends at this time

5. I might be the thick end of 50 but this group to me was quite inspirational.
    R I P Chester.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thin end of our sixties but yes, inspirational , loved them since Hybrid Theory

• Like Like x 2
  7. If we are honest for a moment - at some stage in life we nearly all go through some emotional turmoil and despair.Its having proper mates around you (not acquaintances) - real proper strong mates who can spot when you are at rock bottom and can sit down over a cuppa and talk together about it.Shame he didn't confide in a good friend- RIP chap

8. Bellend.

Always sounded like Backstreet Boys with crunchy guitars, the corporate "punk" death rattle of the end of the 90's. Six kids and a doting wife, access to every resource to deal with depression or dependency that money could buy... Complete disregard for the devastation left behind, whether family or friends or bandmates. Same with Kurt, Cornell, Hutchence and the rest of them.

Life is hard, depression is hard, mental conditions are hard... suicide is pitiful. Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.

(fun fact: that is my old laundrette in Richmond, Surrey in the BBR video. I was quite excited the first time I saw it)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. You ever thought about a career with the Samaritans?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'd make it a premium rate number for starters.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. Problem is most of the suicide sid squad are pay as you go so they would run out of credit

12. That's why we built the Humber Bridge...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mmnn - I wouldn't bet on it

14. which bit do you objectively disagree with?

15. No it wasn't.

I asked for specifics there... everything I wrote was qualified (and it was my local laundrette). There was no xenophobic suggestion, or anti semitism or homophobia. So which bit did you object to?

Do I need to catalogue of my own "qualifications" to comment disparagingly? Are such comments authenticated by that?

So, at the risk of repeating myself... which of my comments do you objectively disagree with?

16. If I may? I disagree on the assessment of their music but hey, we all have different choices. I wouldn't listen to "I trapped a spider under a glass" by a load of artsy fartsy's in a "lets look cool by doing a black and white video", so over done :grinning:

On the depression front I can only believe you've toughened to the point of forgetfulness or you've had very little experience of it?

access to every resource to deal with depression or dependency that money could buy

You're probably right but when you have a long term severe depression, having money rarely makes any difference. In many ways comments such as yours often puts the person under more pressure because they feel even more that they should be able to beat it so when they can't, it escalates their feeling of no self worth

Complete disregard for the devastation left behind,

Partially, I would say that suicide is a selfish act when there are those who will miss you but that would be an over simplification.

When you have severe and long term depression, those around you will be only far to aware of it also. They probably will be aware of self harm events, suicide attempts, stays in units and the social stigma of just people knowing you have a mental illness and even much more soul destroying, if you have kids, they will know too so it becomes their depression and illness by proxy

So imagine you are so ill that you have many self harm and suicide attempts and with every attempt, you feel an even bigger failure because it hasn't worked and with every attempt your loved ones will get a call, "sorry to tell you but he tried again, he's being kept in a unit for his own well being" etc etc. At some point the ill person decides he cannot stop this illness so decides to stop putting his family, friends and loved ones through this and I would suggest, that at some point the loved ones on occasion get to a point that they can't handle it anymore due to the effect on them also and as a sense of relief, they want it all to end too.

Life is hard, depression is hard, mental conditions are hard... suicide is pitiful. Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.

Agree with most of that except where the pitiful and onwards comes in. If you get to a state than you genuinely feel people would be better off without you so you want to end it all, that isn't pitiful it is however rather sad for all concerned.

As to kill yourself or get over it, you give the impression that you are either poorly informed in such things or you have experienced this and are angry at someone in which case your comment could show more understanding

#917 noobie, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  17. You should give artsy farty a go, BBR are great.

18. Real travesty and loss. They were a relatively unknown support band to deftones many many years back. it was my first gig.

19. You sir have my sincerest sympathies.

• Agree Agree x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information