1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rip Thread

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rushjob, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Twat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. I love you too. 1/10 for effort, but 8/10 for brevity.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Twat x 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. You see, now I'm down-marking you... there's no originality in repetition.

5. Charmless twat.

(Don't bother grading that one.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Poor...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Is this an argument or a misunderstanding. People will have very different views from personal experiences and form different opinions of similar situations.
    Peace peeps :innocent:

• Like Like x 2
  8. We are all entitled to opinions. And to opinions on people's opinions.

Yes, even you, Elise.

9. I tend to keep out of things as I alway appear to be correct and can easily spoil a debate. (That is of course unless El T joins in as he can be even righter than me :( )

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. : o D - did you write all of this post, Elise? The first half I agree with and it was definitely you but ...

11. Tragic waste !
    I saw this the other day and like many my thoughts go out to his friends and family !

I resent people that put down suicide victims and believe they have little or no understanding of mental health issues . Apparently Chester had been abused as a child by an older male and it's something he's never managed to come to terms with such looks like the route of his problem .
    One of the big problems with depression is that it makes you withdraw in to your self and makes it extremely hard for you to seek help or talk about how you feel especially when you don't even know how you feel or why you feel like it !
    The last few years have been extremely hard for my wife and she doesn't like letting her guard down and telling others about her problems as she sees them as weaknesses and this coming from a very strong woman .
    You never know what's going on behind closed doors or in another's persons life .
    To make derogatory comments of such things shows a lack of caring or understanding to other people's plight and indeed much selfishness

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Not necessarily so... perhaps it's coming from an angry place? Perhaps if you have to actively fight to keep going, and knowing how much effort that takes, to get out of bed or interact "normally". If you've lived with an inability not to calculate many times a day the balance between "pros" and "cons" of continuing living and having to work incredibly hard to keep not only your own feelings in check but to keep an accurate and balanced perspective that won't slide at any moment into panic or paralysis then perhaps it's permissible to despise those that take (what is for them) the easy way out? Especially when you've seen from close quarters what is left behind when that happens.

Perhaps derogatory comments are not coming from a charmless / twattish / inconsiderate or selfish place? Perhaps instead they're coming from a place of absolute fury?... Absolute. Fury.

I found Linkin Park not to my taste, that's purely subjective and I know that lots of people like highly produced pop-metal... that's their choice to like it, my choice to find it lightweight and unsatisfying.

So when an "artist" I found inconsequential chooses that exit door... no stars go out in my sky. If that makes me a hard-hearted twat then so be it. Hat off to @Exige for his initial response.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. It appears to have been moderated :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. I'm glad that you have acknowledged your own emotional response to this kind of tragedy. You certainly deserve understanding for what you've apparently been through.

Unfortunately, an internet forum does not lend itself well to sensitive discussions where body language and facial expressions would tell the listener how to receive what the poster actually means. Thus, it may have been possible to determine, in person, where Fire3500 was coming from whereas his original forum post seemed only to portray only scorn and dismissal. Anger has its place in a forum but it needs to be expressed in a more forthright and accurate manner - otherwise it will be misinterpreted and then the misinterpretations mulltiply.

Still, sometimes there is no shortcut to people coming to terms with each other - there has to be the shouting and yelling part until the truth is revealed.

I am sorry, Fire3500, for whatever tragedy you have had to suffer in the past. Sincerely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. In fact I did it for him to save him the hassle :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Pants on fire

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Oh sh*t, I heard things had taken a turn for the worse :expressionless:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information