1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Test Bmw S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by thespionkop, Jul 2, 2015.

1. I like to live on the edge.

And I’m a tight wad.

2. You'll go through the edge and into something solid.... Good luck

3. You spend 10k plus on a bike but won't spunk 150 on quality brake equipment? :thinkingface:

4. I never really thought of it like that. You might be onto something.

I always just took the stance that how different can they be, a lever is a lever. I’ll investigate.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Does your bike have cruise control? If so, you need to ensure that the clutch lever is compatible. There are two microswitches on the lever perch and they are easily damaged, either by an incompatible lever or ham-fistedness during fitting.

#45 razz, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It does, thanks for the info. Just googling and may go for Pazzos if they make them for a cc bike.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #47 Wayne58, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. That puzzled me ^

You can see a few seconds before he came off that he had little clutch lever left but did he try to then change gear that then caused the crash?

9. #49 Wayne58, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. There is a guy MacRR selling a set at 300 notes on the S1000RR forum. I have not seen them but the guy seems a well respected member. I think they are the same part but you can check with BMW.
    Hope you get sorted.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11619-HP-rearsets-for-Gen3&highlight=Rearsets

11. So did that little gold bit somehow make his brake activate itself?

12. That bit he says caused it doesn't look to have the movement capacity to impede the brakes and so little damage, no mirrors, no screen, bar ends, even with sliders there would have been more. I can't see why he would lie but what he is saying doesn't make much sense

13. I have had the same levers on my 1198 for the past 3 years too and so far so good. Has made me think though.

14. Regarding people talking about the BMW not having much soul; it's worth mentioning that the race chip brings the bike alive when you turn all the electronics down. I was not very excited by my S1000RR at all when I was running it in as they would not fit the race chip until it had done the 600 miles. Once I had that first service done and fitted the chip and turned the electronics right down it was a completely different bike, proper weapon.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Agree. Mine has the chip fitted and no way is it dull. I only use the full dynamic pro mode on hot dry days, though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It sometimes goes that way, the most reliable vehicles that do absolutely everything and rarely lets you down is seen as "boring, soulless and I need something different"

But the ones constantly breaking down, high costs to run, suffer heavily from depreciation, poor parts delivery are seen as "the bike I wish I had never sold"

Funny feckers motorcyclists :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. I agree noobs, but again, why would you skimp on what is probably the most important part of your bike ?? 50 quid for cheap chinese parts or a ton more for pukka bits.....(Personally, I have always used ASV as IMO they are the best and have a no quibble 5 year warranty)

http://asvinventions.com/Warranty.html

18. Got a new one, coming next Friday. Hope to own this one for at least a fortnight.

Has the BMW carbon pack on it (tank cover and side panels, front and rear huggers), Akra slip on, and HP levers. Also has a different seat, not sure if it is a BMW extra or otherwise. Have also ordered an Almax chain and booked in for a Tracker. @razz, would you be able to let me know what size bolts i need to fill the threads, once i take the pillion pegs off? Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  19. They appear to be M8.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information