1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Test Bmw S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by thespionkop, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Thanks mate. Any idea on seats, what this one is?

Screen Shot 2018-01-06 at 12.33.06.png

2. That is the BMW comfort seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers. Hopefully it is, although i found the standard one comfortable enough (3 times :weary_face: ).

4. I test road the beemer when I was trying to decide on a naked bike. Really good bike but like other people have said just didn't really stand out to me. Next up was the Tuono, night and day difference for me anyway. A mate of mine has a S1000R stored here for he comes over from AUS, we switch back and forth between both bikes when we run the local canyon roads. Always happy I went with the Tuono.

5. Had the bike almost three weeks now, and love it. It feels like a luxury knowing when i go to it it will start, and just work with no bullshit. Incredibly comfortable, goes like a rocket and the heated grips are a godsend.

Have ditched the horrible cat and pipe and fitted a straight through one to go with the Akra slip on. The pops and farts of the standard set up are accentuated ten fold, i think it might be louder than my 1198 but obviously different sounding. Rear pegs are off and so is the horrible standard hanger, looks so much better with a tail today as you get the lovely sharp line of the rising tail.

Love the handling too, feels super stable through the bends. One criticism though is the turning circle is pretty limited, but only really notice that when getting it into storage.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Great bikes, had one for a while myself. Oh and that's a recovered comfort seat fitted, hated the standard fabric used so had it switched out.

Adds about 1" to leg room

7C6CDF1E-D7F4-4DCC-B6B6-2D7E3B59BEA2.jpeg 78FA30B6-C05E-4572-8F10-202A351BB294.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Oh, you've covered up the lovely shiny catalytic converter. Shame on you! :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Looks great @damodici

Do those mirrors add anything to the bars overall width, or have you added shorter bar ends (than the standard ones)?

9. They were made by a guy on the German S1000r forum, I had a few sets made and people chipped in to buy them.

Not really that much extra width, you can use things like rhino bar ends and other types. They add weight and give a clamp type system to fit the bar end mirrors within the bar end itself, if that makes sense?

In other words I had them turned inwards

See zoomed pic

1224F14A-8D03-4A2F-BB18-C06567BCF6C2.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well, I got sick of polishing it ;)

11. Thanks for the info, they look great.

Next question, how do you keep your whites so white? Must be Daz?

12. Yeah he's pretty good at cleaning is Daz, but don't tell the Mrs or she'll start getting a complex that's she's not up to the job.

That was I think the Friday afternoon we arrived so about as clean as I'd be, Monday evening after the ride home I felt, smelt and looked like hammered shit

I do enjoy the nurburgring trips :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Here’s something you don’t see every day - people putting longer cans on.

C26822CB-BFE9-4D94-9054-0E374C7CC26D.jpeg

14. Yuk! But they are VERY loud with a straight-through manifold...

• Like Like x 1
  15. I have no cat on mine, but draw the line on carting around a rocket launcher.

16. Haha it looks like my exhaust I put on the RR for the winter. I didn't know the correct length so just got the longest! Does nothing for the noise volume since the sound waves go at right angles so it's the thickness which effects that.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information