1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Roadlok - Fyi - Previous Forum Member Purchase Update.

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Billy Big Roy, Jan 23, 2022.

1. For me it was not getting a discount rather than insurers insisted on a Thatcham approved device being used when bike not in use.

My theory is it’s a deterrent, a very convenient deterrent you physically don’t have to carry around or is loose banging around in a top box etc.

This and the bikes own immobiliser is sufficient to the insurance company. When at home the bike is also chained, but if I declare chain usage then I have to use it every time I am off the bike. So declaring Roadlok is as good as any other disc lock, if not better due to it’s fitting system, and I don’t have to endure the inconvenience of physically dragging chains and disc locks around every where I go.

If the buggers really want your bike they probably will , but this is a deterrent.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I’ve had Roadloks on my last few bikes, but have never told the insurance company, as I don’t want have to use it when it’s in my garage or every time I leave the bike for more than a couple of minutes. I’ll see if having one attracts any sort of discount.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I agree. My insurers insisted on 2 approved security devices off their list. I had several to choose from that I own but discussed the pros and cons of making one of these a large Squire lock and chain. In the end the tracker and the factory immobiliser were sufficient and with these always on the bike and automatically activated when the ignition is turned off it was a no brainer. I still use the Roadlok when out and about if leaving bike for more than a few minutes and additional security when I'm the garage but at least I know I'm covered.

4. For me I’d rather pay the extra premium of not having to use any security device.

As you stated if they want my bike whether in my garage or out and about they’ll take it regardless of any security device fitted.

My mate bought a bike with a tracker fitted paid for it extra when purchasing the bike, advised his insurance company made zero difference to his premium.

Mine has a stipulation that should a chain or other anti theft device be fitted it must be also used within 1 mile of my address. Which would rule out using my nearest Petrol stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That all depends on where you live. I am London based, and without a garage and locks I am unable to get a half reasonable quote for insurance at all.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. It was my pleasure Michel. Love the new bike and great to see you again.

7. Are you feeling better now

8. Received my latest Roadlok this week and I can only repeat the praise what many others have previously said.

I’m a returning customer from 3 years ago and knew BBR was the obvious choice for my latest purchase.

I just want to say a big thank you for a first class product, service and price.

Anybody thinking of buying one, I can thoroughly recommend the deal from BBR, he’s an absolute pleasure to do business with.

Cheers,

Steve.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Echoing the good words of others, Chris is brilliant and his service goes above and beyond. Also echoing the good words of others, speedy recovery from whatever ails you buddy!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Hi Phil, I've replied :):upyeah: Hopefully speak with you later.

• Like Like x 1
  11. @Billy Big Roy are you still selling the rubber caps? If so could you PM me as I’m a new member and can’t send PMs? Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi James, there available @ roadlokuk.co.uk There's a 1st class postage option for £1.70.

Thanks
    Chris

Do Not Sell My Personal Information