1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Roadlok Xra Eurosport (right Side)

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by Billy Big Roy, Sep 22, 2018.

1. That looks great Greg. Thanks for posting a picture up :upyeah:

2. Finally got around to fitting the Roadlok :)

Kept the orginal spacers in place and used a slightly shorter Roadlok spacer to make it all work.

Many thanks for getting these in at such a great price Chris, much appreciated :upyeah:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. It looks great Paul, thanks for sharing. Well done for keeping the original spacer in place, I should have made you aware you needed to as the instructions don't mention it, so my apologies Paul. I'll put a note in every Ducati Roadlok I sell from now on to ensure its clear to keep the original spacers in place. Thanks again Paul.

• Like Like x 1
  4. No problem at all Chris, after a couple of minutes of head scratching it all made perfect sense :cool:

5. BBR,
    I really like the look and convenience of this modification and I'm interested if it will fit a 2018 1260 model and of course, if you have any left in stock?
    All the photos do justice to the fit and quality, so when you get a chance, please get back in touch and let me know the situation, then we can go from there.

Regards
    TonyMN

6. Hi Tony, I have units in stock that will fit your bike. Does your 1260 have the M50 callipers like pilot Paul's bike above? I'll message over my details to you Tony.

Regards
    Chris

7. 582E27AA-7EFF-4764-831B-459DF5E829AB.jpeg Fitted mine to SF848 yesterday. Very easy to fit. Works perfectly. Love it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Quick question on these please. Have they any insurance rating or have any independent testing been done on them compared to the other products that are please?
    I only ask as it seems a good product but expensive if only rated as good as the ducati steering lock.

9. According to the Roadlok website they are Thatcham approved though it doesn't go into much detail. I did read on a KTM website that the KTM branded version isn't as it was considered a different product due to the branding and need to be separately certified (which it wasn't). Possibly the same probably applies to the Ducati branded version. The ones on sale here is the generic XRA 307 Roadlok model and are thus, as far as I understand, Thatcham approved to MC3 level for mechanical immobilisers. See here. Not sure if Billy sources these from UK stock or imports them from the US. If that latter then it's possible that they aren't.

Have also read that the certification has lapsed (hearsay).

Best thing to do is ask your insurers if they offer discount for the Roadlok XRA 307 mechanical immobiliser, they will have a list of approved security devices. If it's listed then you qualify for the discount.

One useful tip from Ducati insurance was that discount only applied to the first two devices. With the OEM immobiliser and a tracker they advised me not to state that I would be using my approved heavy lock and chain as a theft without it could technically be declined. I use it at home all the same for my peace of mind, like the Roadlok, but not being as portable don't feel obliged to carry it around as it weighs a lot. This is where the Roadlok comes in.

Fitted mine last week and am very happy with it so far.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I’ve just fitted mine to my 18 Plate 1260 from my old DVT. Fitted perfectly :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks I will check with my insurance company later this week.:upyeah:

12. evaluation number: TMC3 323/1210
    That is why, it never got issued a proper certificate of approval from Thatcham I guess?

13. Hmmm... not sure. As said I did read that the certification had lapsed.

The Squire SS50 lock and chain I've had for practically ever was, back in the day (we're talking 15-20 years), the most highly rated mechanical security to have. Insurers I've used still recognise that as a valid security device and it's not listed either.

You need to ask the insurance company first and foremost. Please let us know what they say.

14. Ok will do. but that aside it's a great bit of kit and any security measures that you use will deter some thieves:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hope you still have some of these in the New Year, as I'll definitely be getting one for my Streetfighter! Had my eye on these for awhile now!

• Like Like x 1
  16. All mine come from the USA Chas, direct from Roadlok. I don't know if an insurance company would take one into account? I declared the one fitted to my bike, but all they were interested in was my bike is locked with an Almax lock and chain when parked up at home.

The unit certainly offers more security than a factory fitted steering lock, and the design makes it difficult to remove. You could drill the lock out but that would take time and a very good drill bit!

It is what it is, a visual deterrent that's portable and easy to use. It will stop the opportunists, joy riders etc, but it won't stop the scum bags with the portable disc cutters or the scum that will drag your pride and joy into the back of a van, but it will make it harder for them.

I have enough faith in the product to leave my KTM 1290GT parked up for hours each day in a town centre carpark whilst I'm at work, as I did my 1200R Monster, BMW R1200 Rallye, KTN 1190 ADV etc etc

Its the ease of use and portability I really like, and that seems to be the feedback from most who buy one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. A pre 2019 season bump. I now have the Roadlok's in stock that will fit to the left calliper, but a limited number. I also have the Japan Sport Roadlok's now with the 108mm spacing, and plenty of the XRA 307 Roadlok's that will fit most bikes fitted with Mono-bloc callipers with 100mm spacing between the fixing bolts.

Any questions, please get in touch.

18. Interested in purchasing.

Just sent pm.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information