1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rob Lewis = Top Man

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Daniel Howes, Feb 2, 2018.

1. HI buddy.....Bilt Hamber Surfex HD will remove it....

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/bilt-hamber-surfex-hd.html

Just buy the 1L bottle...its pre-diluted so use as is....free delivery also on above...Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thanks Rob will order some up , ive not come across anything as of yet that can remove oil stains !!! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. This stuff will buddy...I use it for cleaning engine bays....to spotless!!!

#24 Packman, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  5. @rob lewis
    A question please.
    The wife's Panda gets tree sap on it, which is a bugger to remove.
    Any recommendations please???

6. It should be eating bamboo !! No tree sap to worry about if it stuck to the correct diet :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. @rob lewis

Hi again ... first thing how about another cleaning report with pics of course bin's inc if you want !

Secondly ive got a VW T4 LWB ... now ive got the sides minty but over the course of its life no one has bothered to polish the roof FFS ! the roof paint has gone a white milky color , the van is suppose to be black but its more of a dark chocolate brown ... ive got a mop with blue foam head with large pimples on it so thats sorted but what best 'product' to use to get some color back and whats the best speed to use on a 1-5 scale and lastly would you use a bit of water while mopping ...

8. Hi ya buddy....Bilt Hamber Auto foam through a foam lance....about 300ml in a lance bottle and spray on vehicle...;eave to dwel for 5-7 mins then pressure wash off....If you have not got a snow foam lance then buy some Auto Finesse Citrus Power 1L spray bottle....spray over vehicle leave for 5 mins then pressure wash off.....Cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Hiya...roof is essentially oxidised....so the easiest way is to put nourishment back into the paint ( clearcoat )....Buy some Meguires No7 Show car glaze....apply buy machine with a BLACK or WHITE pad....speed 3...then top with a wax.....Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax is amazing stuff....do not use water. The above should get the colour to return. Hope this helps....Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks Rob.
    It's so bad now that wasps are eating the sap off the car - not fast enough though... Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. @rob lewis Hi mate, enjoy reading all these top tips! Although one of my own questions if you dont mind. I was out the other day and some sort of bird dropped its load on my scrambler tank. At least I think a bird as it was really grainy. Anyway soaked it and got it off once I got home, although was in the sun a while. However it seems to have taken the shine off the paint and left a ‘rough’ patch. Tried a very mild cutting compound I found in the shed and made no difference at all. Can you recommend something to use? Thanks :upyeah: Adam.

12. Keep some bird wipes handy I use autoglym ones
    It etched into your paint as it’s acid
    It’s needs coming off as soon as you see it really
    My boot is full of all sorts
    Even a detailer if I have run out of bird wipes

13. Rob I keep meaning to ask you

I don’t have an outside tap near enough to my car is there a snow foam I can use without machinery that will rinse off with a watering can

• Like Like x 1
  14. Why not just get a longer hose?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Yes, i’m aware of what its done :sob: i’m just after a suitable product to sort it out :upyeah:

Good shout on the wipes, although i’m guessing under the seat on the bike they will be dryer than dry when I come to needing them. o_O

16. They are in their own little packets perfect for under the seat :)

17. There will only be a trickle the pressure isn’t hard enough

18. Longer hose and a pressure washer? LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  19. Why's that viv? Cold water should be mains pressure....

20. Hi @Ducbird ...no unfortunately there is not hun.....its the pressure together with the the prewash that removes the vast majority of the dirt particles....
    Hi Adam....its etched through the clearcoat already....so needs an agressive compound to remove the etching then a refining compound to bring back the gloss and clarity...Bird lime etching is truly terrible....and bloody aggressive...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information