Robert Bell Lotus Gone

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PeterT, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:35 PM.

1. How does that happen :thinkingface: Mmmm....

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Yes, folk regularly clean loaded shotguns pointing at their face..... Hmm? Suicide clause in life insurance?? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Normally take mine to pieces to clean it......

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Exactly :thinkingface:

5. Pointing a loaded weapon at your head whilst cleaning it. Does this sound like an accident to you?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. It's in the Daily Mail so it's got to be true ........ hasn't it ? Andy

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. The only time I've looked down a barrel when cleaning a gun has been when I've checked it's empty and that my hands are absolutely nowhere near the trigger when looking down a barrel. You might forget one check but two?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No one is intentionally this careless unless they meant to be

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. I shot clay pigeon with a Beretta 303 restricted shot semi auto for many years and I would have to have had the arms of an Orangutan to push the trigger whilst looking down the barrel. Andy

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. @Gimlet see above, don't clean shotguns :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I'm safe enough. Its the chimps you want to worry about. Bloody hooligans.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Insurance dodge, He killed himself and the family want to collect

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Post #3..... I agree :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. There are no accidents with firearms, only negligence and I'd be very surprised if any life insurance policy covered death resulting from the misuse of a firearm. Murdered by a third person with a gun they brought with them, maybe. But killing yourself through gross negligence with your own firearm, not a chance.

15. That would be nearly impossible to do by accident and very difficult to do on purpose - what ever gun was being cleaned - the minimum legal barrel length is 23” plus length of lock before you reach trigger.

16. In his defence I did this once.

I got better.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. You got better from death? Or better at cleaning? :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. T'was a monty python reference. Which seemed apt in the circumstances :)