1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rockingham

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by PerryL, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Didn't know about this. I've done a few track days there in the past. I thought it was OK but nothing special. I always thought that it was built with US Indy car in mind but that never really came off. I guess that it has done well to last this long.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-46319175

• Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  2. Was announced and discussed on here a while ago - I wonder if they ever got a tenth of those grandstands full at any one time - huge waste of money, we could have had 3 decent circuits for that money centred where there aren't any like around York :mad:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. You have the fantastic Scarborough! Track days there would be something special - and a bit too dangerous, I suppose:confounded:

4. Scabs is hanging by a thread there’s been no racing there this year due to safety issues. The ACU won’t issue a license without major investment unfortunately.

5. That could be a pisser.

I suppose that we ar a bit lucky in the South. Within 110 miles of me I have 6 circuits including Donnington, Mallory, and Silverstone.

#5 PerryL, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  6. want it cancelled this year, and likely to be from hereon?

7. I'm sure someone told me recently racing was going to be on next year at Oliver's Mount but can't recall who :thinkingface: but I remember thinking at the time they know stuff so it must be true :eyes:

8. Pembrey, Llandow, and just about Oulton (could of hours) plus Castle Doom and Thruxton

9. I had Mallory, Donnington, Silverstone, Castle Combe, Pembrey, Llandow but I forgot Thruxton. That makes it seven within 110 miles of me. Oulton is 136 miles from me. I suppose that this will be pissing off:D our Scottish and Northern friends

10. Why.
    They have Knockhill ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. And we have all of ours (I hadn't mentioned Brands) to chose from and they have Knockhill... Hmm

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Absolutely, it’s a great event when all the moons line up but competitors and spectators have been treated with contempt by the current regime. Hopefully it will rise from the ashes and be the spectacle it should be again.

13. Auto66 are clowns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I think she's blossomed during that programme. She looked fabulous without all the make up.

Marks out of 10? I'd give her 1 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. This is not an unusual thing tbh. There's SHIT LOADS of new cars that the dealers can't shift sat at Bruntingthorpe as well.

There was talk of Rockingham hosting some racing again this year

Do Not Sell My Personal Information