1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex Daytona

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by yev, Nov 20, 2018.

1. I know someone who has a shop in the Jewelry quarterbin brum. I had to wait over a year for my back face ceramic bezel Daytona. Had to pay a hefty price and that was to him. He’s got another. I’m sure he has. It’s used year 2016 and £10000

2. Want me to see if he’s still got it?

81877235-DB29-4B53-A139-AC62AA6721CB.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. The stainless one is. You'll deffo pay overs now. I've owned 2 in recent years. I bought the last one 3 years ago whilst wandering through Schipol Airport and bang, there was one in stock. I bought the fucker there and then. Sold it same afternoon to a dealer. Kerching!

But I don't like them. The fact they have no date gets annoying plus they scuff up really easy. They're a bit puffy tbh. Go into a nice restaurant and all the Arthur Daley types and footballers have one on. I keep a Sea Dweller as a daily and Panerai 233 for going out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m on a waiting list for a steel daytona. After ringing round a few dealers best I got was a 5 year waiting list. Goldsmiths in the trafford centre said something ridiculous like a 20 year wait!!

5. I went through a phase of wanting a white faced steel Daytona. Not to flip but to keep forever but I simply can’t get anyone to put me on a list even.

I purchased a no date sub 18 months ago and was told 1 year by several places. I managed to get it within 2 weeks at RRP new from Rolex in Manchester. However a sub is very easy to get by comparison.

I’d also like a hulk but same again they are stupid money second hand and no hope new.

6. Be patient. The first one I got was from my local dealer and I was on the waiting list 2-3 years perhaps. I suddenly received a call out the blue from them offering either a black or white face (I went white). To be honest I was a bit skint at the time so whacked it on the credit card. And you'll pay current list price if you get a call. A lot of people go on the wait list expecting the price to stay the same so when they get the call 2-3 years later they decline due to price rise. Also some messers on the list too. My point is you can soon jump a few places in the queue in a short time. Also, pop in to the dealers from time to time and ask them where you are in the queue now. Good luck :):upyeah:

7. If you want a steel Daytona, keep at it. 2 years back they were all over the shop. As said, I got one list in Schipol Airport. Rolex produce in peaks and troughs, I haven't seen any steel sports in a display for yonks, but they'll come back. Find a reliable contact/authorised dealer and wait. They are out there.

8. Looking for a Daytona if anyone has one knocking about.

9. There’s plenty around. It’s the price you pay that’s the sticking point

10. I know. Was hoping for something someone has sitting in a draw not using.

11. Dream on. The market always dictates prices paid.
    But keep yer eyes peeled, you never know!

12. Exactly. It’s a question of keeping an eye open.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information