1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rolex Submariner

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dr.D, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Got mine last week ( pressie) and got warranty card with it. Rolex Hyde park

2. After being on a waitlist ?

3. How long is the rrp price and waiting list for a Daytona?

4. £9550 I think. Wait list depends on what dealer you talk to and if you’re a ‘VIP’ customer. For normal folk Probably anything from 5 to 10 years according to my local AD. Most dealers have closed the lists for these. The Gold or Bi-metal are more readily available funnily enough, they are more expensive but dont seem to hold or increase their value like the stainless steel models.

Stuart

5. A20C0FFE-0D2E-4317-B47C-7E0AEF6E8893.jpeg

My bi-metal which I sold last year as I didnt want to keep 2 Daytonas.

Stuart

6. Nah. Walk-in. Or thou I didn’t get a fancy model which everyone wants... having said that mate of mine who got given Rolex same night from the same shop got GMT black- steel and I think those are very difficult to get? Same job- walk in

7. 83D62F87-CF6F-4A8C-AF01-B3D2CC58FBD2.jpeg In stock, ready to go, in an AD in Ireland, although are the list prices out of sync with the UK? It’s a long time since I’ve been there. Even after taking into account the extra 3% vat.
    (In case you can’t make it out, the Submariner is €12,500)

8. first world problems... to spend or not to spend 6 grand on watch!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. A typical shot these days. You don’t see any steel sports Rolex these days. And if you do, buy it! I think there’s a waiting list on all of them right now.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. I really want an Ollech and Wajs Caribbean 1000. Rare as hens teeth. Diving watch from the 60’s with 1000 metre diving capacity. Might come in handy at the pool. Seriously, beautiful army watches.

BFC23468-6A4A-4699-B04E-72E8E194446A.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Got a black faced sub as wedding present from Mrs T in 2006. Has nearly trebled in value (for insurances purposes), only thing she's ever bought that ain't dropped like a stone !

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah, all of those are fairly easy to get. It's what they call the professional watches, i.e. GMTs, Daytonas and Subs in Steel that are more difficult. The steel Sky Dweller is a tough one too, especially with a blue face.
    Someone else earlier nailed it, you might make £500 if you sell to a dealer. A bit more if you're able to sell privately but that's a pain advertising and dealing with people. Your call if £500 quid is worth your time. If so, DO NOT remove the protective stickers etc. Unworn, with stickers, tags and receipts are worth more.

#54 Firebladeboy, Dec 26, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Most if not all AD’s will now remove all stickers at the point of sale, and withold the warranty card for 12 months on the more desirable steel sports Rolexs’. I personally wouldnt buy one from a private individual if the card had been witheld. Reason being, the AD’s will insist the original purchaser returns, with the watch to get the card after 12 months so I’m being told.

Stuart

14. So, the submariner is in hand. They kept the warranty card, but thats not an issue, as I will be keeping it for longer than a year. But gave me all original packaging, stickers, tags etc including transit case etc. So its unworn stuck in the safe, until my 40th, which is what I had always promised myself anyway.

I figured it is same as money in the bank after all. My wife's Rolex you bought a 6 years ish back for £4000 and looking in the AD / online it is around £6000 now, so thats not bad. And more importantly she feels special with it on her wrist.

I did mention selling it straight on for a profit, and they said Watches of Switzerland keep an eye on eBay etc and match serial numbers, so for example a chap bought one and stuck it on eBay the next day for a couple of grand profit and they rung him, and now blacklisted him from buying a new watch again, similar to Ferrari etc as mentioned above. Also they said if you go into numerous AD and put your name down in an attempt to jump the list, they are now put into a national database and you will only be in your original position.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information