1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Broken Leg

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Aug 31, 2017.

1. And did pretty good in that race iirc, came 2nd in France ?

2. So was Chris walker. But there is broken, and then there is BROKEN

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. In 1975 Barry Sheene broke both legs in a high speed crash, and he was on a bike racing in a GP six weeks later. Rather unwisely.

4. Not comparable as much but this year I broke my collar bone 01-Jun, had it bolted together with a titanium plate 10-Jun and was racing again 01-Jul. No pain at all after the titanium upgrade was installed

5. A month for a collarbone? Not comparable at all IMO.

6. And pro races are back in days with a collarbone

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Didn't JLo have to use crutches to get to the bike and get crew to help him on a few years back?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yes, 2008 in France, and he finished 2nd. An amazing ride

9. I guess that if you are at the pointy end, you need to keep believing you are right to be at the pointy end, any time you let off the gas (literally or metaphorically) at any point before the absolute limit, you erode that belief.

I'm also guessing he rates Van de Mark and isn't going to give him an inch before he is finally forced to hand over his seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. We've had an OB crew camped at the main gates to Misano today. He's saying that Rossi was riding an R1M around yesterday and he will decide tomorrow night whether to ride at the Aragon race or not.

• Like Like x 2
  11. And who can forget Kagayamas return after breaking his pelvis in two places, having to be lifted (virtually) on and off the bike to race, double hard bar steward ......

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Love it. End of his career, not like it will shorten it, and just adds to his mystique :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I still hope he makes the tenth title

• Like Like x 1
  14. Let's get real all the hype and has he really broken his leg or fractured it to what degree. Yes he's injured broken his leg, unless he's doped up it's not real do you really believe a person can brake his leg. I mean snap in half let alone fracture a leg bone and recover. Come on to do that and just turn up and just walk let alone ride. All credit but come on real world lol. Rossi or any moto GP rider it's not the real world think about it Mo Farrah brakes his leg and runs again after a couple wks. Just try standing in footpeg at 60 mph and as they would . Think about it it's a joke
    Yes I wait to be lambasted but come on

15. See post #82 ;)

16. Well, broken enough to require surgery and metalwork.

On a leg that's already been badly broken before in 2010.

Gets my respect.

• Agree Agree x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information