1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Broken Leg

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Aug 31, 2017.

1. I fractured my elbow. Wasn’t snapped, but cracked. Couldn’t operate a clutch or grab my knob never mind ride a bike at full tilt!

2. Both while on the bike ?? :thinkingface:

3. Multiple hyperbaric sessions will have speeded up the mend no doubt

It really is a miracle what can be achieved by breathing oxygen under pressure

• Like Like x 1
  4. When you ride a ducati, it's compulsory :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  5. MotoGP.com saying he's got the medical all clear to race.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I think we'll have to see if he makes it through all of the practice sessions and turns up on the grid. Can't help but feel a little sorry for Michael van der Mark though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. +1

8. FP1 will tell him if he's fit. I think he'll do a longish run and if feels ok and in or near top 10 he'll race.

9. Yamaha will probsbly reward VdM with a ride later in season if he doesnt race at Aragon.

10. They can replace him with VDM at any point up to and including qualifying. VDM must do qualifying in order to race.

You never know, maybe they’ll throw him on a third bike and let him do it anyway. If they throw him on a third bike for qualifying that may count as letting him ride VR’s bike in the race last minute

11. I do seriously wonder if he's trying to mess with VdeM's head.
    Do FP1 and 2, then go "oops! my leg hurts" chuck the keys to VdeM and let him flounder out in qualifying, and ruin any chance he has to impress...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Why? What would he have to gain?! vDM can’t win in WSBK so what threat is he to Rossi?! :thinkingface:

13. he's Yamaha's next choice for a rider - they presumably see something in him.

I'm assuming Rossi wants to have top rider status at Yam next year.
    I don't think he doesn't want to ride first and foremost, but it's not like he's not averse to playing mind games with anyone he thinks is a threat is he?

14. In their statement, they said it was simply his turn as reward for his services to Yamaha. Lowes was their first choice as he got Bradders ride. After him, then Micky’s turn.

Basically, do well in the 8hr and they’ll reward you with things.

15. Reward for services to Yamaha...lol he’s barely been there!! Wasn’t he always a Honda man until the ride he got this year (or was it last year)?

16. Yep, until last year but he was on this years winning Suzuka 8 Hour team. Lowes was also on the winning Yam team 2 years running. Hence he got first GP replacement ride.

Suzuka 8 hour... they love it them japs :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information