1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi Rep 888 For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by stantheman, May 25, 2014.

1. Not my style I'm afraid, and I agree with some of the previous comments. But it's been pointed out, it's your bike, you like it, and that's what matters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Unless I've missed it , you've still not told us all of the vital statistics ?

3. Not my cup of tea but hey it's your taste ,you just need to find someone with the same taste as you good luck

4. I want to hear it !! there some calipers you've got there......it's growing on me...............I think.

Put it up on the 851and888 forum, I'm sure they'd like to see it.

5. As said, if that's how an owner wants to build it then it's none of our business but if you want to sell it (and only my opinion) as hinted at already, I think it will only appeal to a selected few. My advice is to not put it on the 851/888 Forum if comments may upset you. Would love to hear it running with your take on the exhaust :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  6. I like it. Its only paint. Its quite a neat and tidy bike.

7. I think that bike looks fecking stunning.If you have upset some people that's because there are some right twats on here.Its a paint job ffs.

Nice work to the OP.loving what you have done with the exhausts and what did you clean it with.A tootbrush or something.That is one mint looking machine:upyeah:.

#27 matt#corse, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Expected it to be junk when I read the title, but was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the pictures and I actually quite like it! Looks very well kept and an extremely well paint job that doesn't look out of place. Well done.

9. Makes it look quite modern in my opinion. The 888 isn't a shape I usually appreciate but this looks good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I love it .....but I don't like the decals.....I wouldn like the decals if they were on a 1098,1198, desmo, 1199 etc....when I said I hope you have the standard parts I ment because you will have more chance of asale if you do.as a build I think its bloody brilliant,but some folks hate to see a classic bike messed with.............personally id love to streetfighter a desmo and paint it mat black with a brush just to piss people off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. So will £5 buy it or are you going to state a price.:upyeah:

12. Why not ask the dude in the shades if he wants to buy it. He looks like the sort of guy who would look good on a VR replica.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I like the bike :)

14. I like it too, it's different which is probably why

Classics are all very well and good but if everyone keeps them the same the only difference between them will be who's the most anal....... And nobody likes comparing anus :)

So I'll start the bidding

£99, a curley wurely, a family bag of pickled onion monster munch and 3 signed pictures I've just obtained of two blokes next to each other* (one suspiciously like Rossi)

*signature not guaranteed to be authentic or neat, likely done in crayon

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. The suspense is killing me

Is this a fishing trip?

16. Tidy bike, needs fairing replacing or a butt plug sticking on the seat. Something will be howling anyway...............

17. thanks for liking my bike matt , i,m sorry its took so longto reply but the ducati police got me and put me in quantanamo bay LOL , ive had the bike over 15 years and ride it eveywhere , all over europe and the isle of man , ive ridden it to every wdw since 2000 and i,ll be going again in july , its about 3000 miles round trip . nearly everyone in the world of biking couldnt wait to see vale on a ducati so when he signed and i had just started my rebuild i thought why not do a rep to the great man , i love my 888 but that doesnt make me want to wrap it in cotton wool either , i ride it hard n fast , its the only way , if ya dont ya might as well go in ya car . i did lots of the work myself which cant be appreciated until you see it , i,m a 61 year old trucker and i own 6 bikes and have been riding since i was 10 , i live in northants and if anyone wants to have a look at my baby your more than welcome , i dont mean to buy it but just to have a look , thanks for all the comments good and bad at least we all love our bikes , ride safe

• Like Like x 5
  18. four times... Nice tho.

19. thank you antonye i,m glad you like it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information