1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Rotating Rear Wheel To Lube

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Jon Seddon, Aug 20, 2017.

1. I'm now going to be dreading looking at my bike, won't be until the weekend at earliest. This will give me a few days to think up excuses

2. Beaver decided to build a Dam behind the front sprocket cover ;)

3. This might help ...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ahh look, his bike is in neutral :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. If we have to wait for the weekend, perhaps we should create a list of the possible issues and vote on them between now and then :)

What am I missing ?
    1. In gear
    2. Paddock stand is fouling the wheel
    3. Brakes binding
    4. Chain too tight
    5. PDI or assembly in some way at fault (spacers wrongly installed)
    6. Catastrophic failure/fracture of component (e.g. axle, spacer)
    7. Owner has very weak arms and hands
    8. Foreign object has fallen between wheel and swingarm
    9. Paddock stand bobbins installed incorrectly and thread sticks out and fouls wheel
    10. ....

6. Owner is a D*ckhead?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Amended for you :upyeah:

8. How about
    Owner wishes he'd never mentioned it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. as two posters have said already, how easy is it to move bike forward/backward off the stand (in neutral)?

10. I bet most if not all of us have stories to tell. I may have called breakdown once when my bike wouldn't start after filling up with fuel (yep killswitch).

Last month I had my bike on paddock stands front and rear with wheels out for a tyre change, in putting the back wheel in I dropped the rear paddock for the bike to sit on the side stand to torque the axle nut but forgot that the front was still on the paddock stand without a wheel. I ended up between the bike and the floor to save any fairing damage (that was a month ago :D ).

And many many more...

RBW.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Did the classic the other week... gunned it out of my parking spot and nearly dropped it. Disc lock :tired_face:

Now need new discs and everyone knows how cheap they are.

12. Has this become a confessional :innocent::imp:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Don't think anyone on here is holy enough to listen

14. Didn't someone sat " Holy shit Batman"?

15. Can you reach to try and turn the wheel with the clutch in or zip tie the lever in to see if the wheel will turn then ?

• Like Like x 1
  16. This thread has more anticipation than the Mac Gregor mayweather fight. And if it's s user error, the abuse will, unlike the fight, go the distance :poop:

17. mate however bad it is, it can't be as bad as my wife's uncle who jumped on my 1299 and asked which side the kick start was.

Seriously.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  18. Do you mean it hasn't got one?

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. It has. It's what spins the rear wheel to lube :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. I think it's next to the waffle sprocket, to the right of the flux capacitor if I remember correctly ?!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information