1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rough Engine

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by X49Raven, Jan 5, 2020.

1. If it was a fuel issue, your fuel filter could be restricted.

2. i have resently cleaned out injectors (on a car) that appears like a slight but permanant misfire. the car has a fuel filter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. My old Astra had diesel in it before I got it, used to stutter on a constant throttle and was a bit rough, got the injectors ultrasonically cleaned and it was like a different car.
    May be worth a few quid on a fuel filter (cheaper if you say it's for a BMW :bucktooth:) and injector clean?

4. this was clio petrol. the injectors where full of black fine grit

5. That'll be the high quality Renault filter :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. i think its more the owners husband working in a fish farm with ready access to jerry cans. if you know what i mean. wink wink.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Final update;

So the garage took a look at the bike, signed it off with a clean bill with the mechanic saying there's nothing wrong with it. Plugged in the diagnostics which also confirmed that.

Did mention that shit fuel has possibly got in, so put a bottle of fuel/injector cleaner in with the fuel, and admittedly it's running better than it has been.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did you fit a new filter?

10. Is it running properly or still with a problem? Is has it been resolved?

11. Did it get a TPS reset??
    Can make all the difference and couldn’t be simpler to do.

12. Nope, apparently it didn't need one.. though I have been out on it since and it's been riding fine.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Glad you got sorted :)

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information