1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rr

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Bondy7070, May 26, 2019.

1. Most of them providing the sensor is fitted.

2. I’ve got a test ride on one next week, really interested to see what it’s like although I’m going to keep the Panigale for now as I want a bike to be able to ride for summer!.
    I’m waiting to see if Honda are bringing out their rumoured more affordable V4 later in the year, if not I’m probably going to change to either one of these or the new 1100 RSV4.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Been to see it today. Meh.

Money being saved for a gen 2 panigale r

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  4. 8A9ED1E3-A1F2-41D7-B27F-C700F8BD7F27.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. RR will be faster and easier to ride fast ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Resale value will be more attractive on the R

7. True, but the new RR will look and sound shit compared to the Panigale R. The Panigale R is one of the most beautiful modern bikes IMO. Probably much more fun to ride than the RR too. If you like a dice with death :):upyeah:

8. Yeah for feels and sound, the Panigale will trump it. Couldn't help but noticing yesterday in the garages at stone the V4's Corse and other assorted Ducs just stole the show noise wise, closely followed by the R1m's with full systems :motorcycleduc::splat::weary_face:

9. I have an elderly HP4 and I have the fancypants forged wheels on that. Rode one with the standard wheels and you can tell the difference. Carbon wheels will be mega light and BMW wouldn't release them if they were not at least as durable as a dry-weather only rider would expect... for £3k... go with the one with the better residuals. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. R1's do sound pretty nice, that cannot be denied.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not after I’ve crashed it a few times...

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. I need to sit down and go through the extras. The stock wheels on the new bike are supposed to be very similar weight to the lightweight wheels on the Gen3/HP4.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The wheels look very nice btw. But non brembo brakes?!

14. Not convinced that the Ducati’s sound nicer. I’m not a fan of the sound of them although Mary hinge bike sounds awesome. I was disappointed with the sound of the V4S although the new RSV4 1100 was one of the best sounding bikes I’ve ever heard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Older ones sound better... Testastretta onwards kind of loses the symphony.

16. I know everyone would complain if they made it the classic V4 sound but I was kind of disappointed they made the V4 sound like a twin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. All down to the Euro4/6 junk mate. A full system/decat/remap should be law on all bikes :imp::grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Nah, only low down. I think it only fires on two (alternate) pots on tick over. When you give it the beans it certainly doesn't sound like like a twin. It sounds quite fruity when your heads tucked in the bubble :D Mind you, I'm running a baffle delete Termignoni Uscite with UpMap.

• Love You Love You x 1
  19. Me either to be honest, I don’t know why they didn’t have it fire and sound like a V4 was meant to, it does sound more like one when you get higher up the Rev range though.
    The Aprilia does sound nicer imo, and although they’re older I still think the RC30/RC45 are the nicest sounding V4s with that distinctive drone and gear driven cam whine.
    Ducati shouldn’t have bothered trying to make it more twin like to appease twin purists, the twin had reached the end of its life as a superbike engine and they needed to change it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information