1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rsf Racing - Ducati Trioptions Cup

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Spence, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Ducati Trioptions Cup, Donington Park

Firstly sorry for lack of updates, and thanks to all those that have sent well wishes.

Going to keep this race report a short one.

This weekend was looking to be our best outing in the championship since joining in 2018. The bike felt mega and really felt positive and on the pace.

Practice went well, trying something new on scrubs saw us in 11th. Come qualifying we got to 9th! Best qualifying we’ve ever had at this level. The team and I were really happy as was nothing in it with less than a second to 5th!...

But this is where the luck ran out.

Race 1 didn’t last very long, going on the outside of a competitor at turn one was a mistake as he ran wider my bars hit his fairing. This brought me down. The bike suffered some damage but I walked away un hurt, just frustrated. The team worked hard and had it rebuilt and through technical control within 2 hours.

Race 2 we started from 15th but a stall on the line saw us dead last into turn one. Few laps passed and had made up to 19th from 34th and felt good. On lap 3 coming up through Swantz, I went to drop 2 gears to 3rd ready for mcleans. The bike didn’t change gear and went into a false neutral. Without the engine braking the bike didn’t slow as it should and in split second reaction tried to brake hard and put in gear. Unfortunately there wasn’t time or a line to take. I collided with a fellow rider Ben Falla of True Heroes Racing. This alone was a truly sickening feeling to have hit another rider but especially one of that team. My sincerest apologies go to Ben and the team.

So the what now? Time to rest and reflect. The rest of the season looks to be at an end already as I’ve a broken leg and numerous other injuries, but also the bike currently is in a very bad way. Must take the positives from the weekend and how far my riding has come this year with a bit of belief in myself and support from everyone.

I will keep you all updated as things progress. Big shout out and thank you to the Ducati Trioptions paddock, a lot of top riders and teams! Good luck at Cadwell park!

Massive thanks to all my pit crew this weekend for getting me back out and getting me packed up and home
    Safe this weekend.

Then finally to my family, friends and sponsors for all their support it’s been amazing and wouldn’t have got to where I have without you all!

Chamois Consulting
    GMR Projects
    Mackinnon Construction
    ARMY Motorcycle Road Race Team
    Army Sport Control Board
    Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers - REME 5 FS Bn REME
    Syntol Lubricants
    Moto Rapido Ducati Oxford Products Ducati , Moto Rapido Racing
    RST
    Eazi-Grip Racing Products
    Nolan & X-lite Helmets UK
    Conquest Racing Ltd - Motorcycle Performance Parts
    Codex Motorsports
    Sprint Filter UK - Motorcycles
    Fullsix Carbon UK
    Quality reflections
    EBC Brakes
    Sublime Designs
    Mupo Suspension Mupo Dave Croft
    HEL Performance
    CeraCarbon Racing
    MotorcycleRaceParts.co.uk

Photo credits Camipix Photography

2AE06080-F7EE-4861-A538-B01531C0A014.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. I can lend you my tail light, I can't gift it though I'm afraid as I may need it myself in the future.

3. Shot luck Spence, saw the first one and you jumping up and down. Rest up and get planning for 2022! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks mate. I’ll wait out to find one, just in case lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah race 1 was frustrating as you probably saw. Race 2 was just fast!

6. DM told me about the stack mate. Get well soon and all the best x

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. So with the bike all up and running. We are planning 1 more outing on it. Cadwell park with Thundersport over weekend of 16/17 October.

The bike will then be for sale. Want a V2 track bike? Want to race in Trioptions. Then send me a DM. Bike, suspension all negotiable.

• Like Like x 2
  8. What can we say about the 2021 season? It’s been absolutely epic at times but had some really bad lows, but need to concentrate on the highs and sum it up in a shortish post.

So we’ve manage to race in the Ducati Trioptions Cup at Bennetts British Superbike Championship with racing legends such as Chris "Stalker" Walker and John McGuinness. I would like to say everyone on that grid is no mug and I’ve found some great friends there, all legends. Congratulations to Josh Day - Dayo Racing for another championship win!

We’ve also been lucky to be on the grid during a WorldSBK meeting, with Scott Redding Live Updates and Aruba.it Racing - Ducati coming out to the pitlane to support us! Was pretty amazing!

I was also given the opportunity to ride for Triumph Motorcycles at the Goodwood Festival of Speed! What an experience, rubbing shoulders in the changing rooms with some 2 and 4 wheel legends like Agostini and Damon hill to name just a couple. Then to line up on the hill run next to Carl Fogarty (Official), Steve Parish,John Reynolds and the wheelie king Dougie lampkin. Not forgetting my little buddy Carl Stevens. This day will not be forgotten by myself or my family. Was truly amazing.

Then to the Inter Services Road Racing Championships in Thundersport GB racing for ARMY Motorcycle Road Race Team. Been a great season winning 4 of the 5 races and only losing the last race by 0.1 over the line was one of my races of the season! Coming away with the GBRacing World Class Motorcycle Protection Interservice Individual Championship!

So we the time comes now, this has been a very hard thing to do, but time has come to hang my leathers up.....

Until next season that is! Really looking forward to winter testing in Spain. What Championships I’ll be entering is still unknown as be all down to funding and sponsorship. If anyone is looking to do Ducati Trioptions cup or wants a mega V2 track bike. Get in touch.

Now to Thank Everyone that’s got me riding this year. Special mention to all my family for backing me in what I do, especially the wife and son. My dad for coming to my British rounds and putting me up in the motorhome and feeding the whole team. Thanks to all my pit crew and support team that have come a s helped. My personal sponsors Jamie at Chamois consulting, AJ at Mackinnon construction, John and Alistair and also Mick from GMR Projects. Then to the Army Sport Control Board, Royal Electrical & Mechanical Engineers - REME and my units 5 FS Bn REME and 3 Armoured Close Support Battalion REME for allowing me to partake. Finally all those that have given myself and the AMRRT support with product support! Please forgive me if I miss you below.

Time now to rest, repair my broken body and get ready for 2022! I’m coming for you bigger and faster than ever!

British Army
    RST
    Nolan & X-lite Helmets UK
    Moto Rapido Ducati Oxford Products Ducati , Moto Rapido Racing
    CeraCarbon Racing
    Syntol Lubricants
    HEL Performance
    EBC Brakes
    Codex Motorsports
    Conquest Racing Ltd - Motorcycle Performance Parts
    A&R Racing 76619189-8DF1-4397-91F4-875BF95AA80C.jpeg

• Like Like x 18
  9. Congratulations Dude .. the hard work obviously paid off !

• Like Like x 1
  10. Well done mate

• Like Like x 1
  11. Well done mate

• Like Like x 1
  12. Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well done fella,,,

• Like Like x 1
  14. Regardless of what you end up on next season please do keep posting here. It makes us all feel like track gods, you see.
    Congratulations on your achievements this year. Upwards!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Well this happened today! Can’t thank all those that have sponsored and supported us over the years. 2022 is looking good already, but if you would like to be involved please get in touch. Thanks again everyone!

E686AF49-22ED-488B-95DD-AD3E2E3AAE2D.jpeg

C99747A3-84D9-4062-AC68-94F69E726CB2.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  16. Why not just keep the old one mate if still doing tri options?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Although who doesn’t like a new bike day ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. It’s all to do with money. Had to move some around. I’ve recently had to be a grown up and buy a house. Going to be a tough year this year unless I find some new sponsors.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information