1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rugby World Cup - No Spoilers Please...oh, Go On Then.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RickyX, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TBF they dropped the ball as much as the England cricket team too!

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Just been watching the Russia v Samoa match and once again, the quality and consistency of the refereeing is being called into question by retired players commentating on the game. Surely, at this level of competition, the referee and assistant referees on the field have to be the best of the best in their peer group rather than what it appears to me, asking each of the participating nations to provide a referee and assistant referees regardless of their experience. If I’m wrong and these people are the best of the best, this world cup will be remembered for the poor refereeing and not the excellence of the game. Andy

3. Trouble is, it’s become all to easy to refer everything to the ref in the sky booth.

#83 bradders, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  4. wrote ref, apple changed to red.... they don’t need to make these calls any more, they have just moved tough decisions to the other fella.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. What i'd like to see is the Ref handed a red card when he screws up on important decision making.:upyeah:

6. I do wonder how many of those baying for sackings because of ‘bad’ decisions (not malicious or cheating ones) have ever or would ever stick themselves at the centre of all decision making.

If you don’t like it, go to a local club, find out how to do it, get the training, put in the years of lower league games and get on the stage yourself

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Uruguay ... wow. awesome game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. half time when I left for work...Fiji were having a pasting!

I'm sure that Uruguay team was the football one really... ;)

9. Missed it :( & i've the The Times Rugby World Cup match schedule sitting right in front of me.:blush:

10. A good first half match by England with discipline in check,roll on the second half.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. The first Red card of the tournament & rightly deserved,IMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. I don’t want to talk about it :mad:

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Good game Japan!

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. shocker bud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. wtf?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Well, come on then Namibia

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. #SP#
    The Argentinas had a good game against a poor Tonga team this morning.

18. Turned off before half time. Yawn.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information