1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rumors Of Hypermotard 950 Fuel Tank Issues

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Pard, Jan 27, 2021.

• Like Like x 1
  1. Nope. This is actually the first time someone brought it up here I think. Mine is at 10k km or 6k miles and I haven't suffered any issues whatsoever, except the DQS randomly dies but the dealer already got it under warranty. I will keep this in mind when the scheduled maintenance comes.

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is surely an issue that will depend deeply on the fuel grades used? In the UK for example we have always used less Ethanol in fuel than say the US where issues with swollen tanks etc see to be much more common

• Like Like x 1
  3. There is (at least) one fellow here in the USA who had this issue, I spoke with him, without ethanol fuel being the culprit.

He always used ethanol free fuel which is available.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Very puzzling.

4. KTM had something similar with a fuel tank coating a couple of years ago.
    Might have been something to do with release agents from production, but I can't recall what the final outcome was.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Is there any chance that those problems have to do with US bikes only? I mean bikes destined for the US market.

6. There is no official recall for it, nor is there any admission by dealers about an issue. In fact, there is a flat out denial, but that forum thread I linked to tells a different user experience story.

7. It's too bad for Ducati to pretend as if the matter does not exist. I guess the treatment is different depending the dealer...

8. I have not bought the bike yet...I am waiting to arrange a test ride but covid situation does not allow it and then decide. I am interested in the bike but I'd like to know if the stalling issue has been resolved with the 2021 models.

9. I'm having stalling issues that I'm hoping will be properly checked by my dealer. I live in Belgium and always fueled up with E10. It isn't a smooth ride either and only getting worse. Hope it gets resolved.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information