1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Running A Storm Ti Full System Without A Remap

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Loz, Jul 22, 2017.

1. that noticeable? interesting stuff, cant see it cooking it's self being water cooled, but yip, plugs will tell a tail.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. How did you get hold of your Storm pc3 map?
    Might it be possible to download another one, either on to your ecu, another pc3 or a replacement ecu?
    You may be able to persuade Chris to flash that map onto a more robust s/h 748 or 1098 ecu, which can then replace your existing ecu.
    He was certainly incredibly helpful in doing something similar when my 999 ecu stopped initiating sparks on the front cylinder.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I can't remember where I got the Storm PCiii map, probably the PC site. I have it on my laptop. Currently working whether I can get hold of an ECU map for the Storm Full System with a mate and remap the ECU using TuneECU.

Won't replacing the ECU mean getting new keys, etc? That's a pricey route. I know, I know, you cannot place a cost on a sweet sounding exhaust system.

4. I didn't have a problem. I think Chris disabled the immobiliser.

5. Insurance ramifications! : o )

6. Btw, you don't need to remove the tank to get at the ecu, it's located at the bottom of the back of the battery box.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. D'oh, yes of course. I might have been thinking of another bike I had.

8. 51debe5123ef3_1.jpg ?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Your bike will run with the stock map but it will run lean. I would suggest reflashing the stock ECU to DP full system or slip on for starters. The immo system on the bike is non-insurance approved hence why we have to fit approved alarms/immobilisers. There is still immo function within the clocks linked to the key.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Thanks, Chris. I thought the DP 57mm might be a good stop-gap and there is a plan afoot to make that happen. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Quick update.

A test run of the bike revealed several things:

Bike revs like a mad bastard.
    Bike accelerates like a mad bastard.
    Sixth gear felt like fifth gear.
    Bike sounds orgasmic.
    Tickover has settled back to where it was with the original system.
    Fuelling feels better than it did with original system.
    Bike sounds orgasmic.
    The bike sounds wonderful.
    I am incredibly rusty in terms of riding a bike.

I will check the horizontal plug when I get a chance to see how it looks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  12. So ditched the PC then?

13. How does it sound?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Going to send it to Dynojet UK to get them to re-flash it. I have a map for my bike's config, it the PC can be made to work again. Worth the £16.50 punt I reckon.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to get a 57mm DP Full system map onto the ECU this week ... depends on whether TuneECU can read and write to the old-style ECU.

Exciting times : o )

15. Haven't made up my mind on that yet.

16. But it's running and sounding great without it?

17. Absolutely.

It is only the worry that it might be running lean, and storing up trouble for itself, that gives me pause.

One downside - I now want to do the quiet clutch mod so that I can hear the exhaust note without the clatter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Makes sense if you have the funds to do the fuelling :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TuneECU works with IAW5AM ECUs not the earlier IAW59M

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Fair enough. Plan C then (I think).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information