1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running Again? Maybe Yes, Maybe No.

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by The real Ray, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Thought I'd sign up on here, might gee me up to get the bike going again. The 998 has sat unused in the garage for years now after racking up some decent miles in the UK, on track and in Europe.
    Need to visit BVT workshop to get the bike recommissioned.
    I've bumped into a few of the old Yorkshire Ducati mob from time to time over the years at Squires so if I get the bike going I might be able to get there on two wheels rather than four.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Good on you Ray:upyeah:

Photos, we like photos

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome Yorkshire Ray :):upyeah:

4. Welcome and enjoy

5. Greetings! Show us some pics of this soon to be recomissioned beauty?

6. Hi and welcome to the Ducati family
    Pictures would be nice

7. Welcome Dave

8. Welcome to the forum

9. Welcome aboard Ray:upyeah:....rather partial to a 998,what one do you have in the garage then.?

10. Get it out get it out is it the real 998 :D

We like pics and include your bins it’s a newbie law and we like them

Welcome to the real mad house

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hi & welcome. We like a 998 here. :upyeah:

12. Welcome
    Is the 998 a non-runner or does it just need recommissioning??

14. Hello and welcome along I'll be up to squires once the spring comes along or we happen to get a dry day before then

15. Well I've finally found an old CD of pics of the beast..........old skool JNP_4216_RT8Jpg (Small).jpg

• Like Like x 8
  16. Not just a 998 then! Worth getting that one sorted

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Not just a 998!! Wondering how such a bike is ending up in a shed unused for years...

18. Its just having a rest after a very busy earlier life............I took it from 1,700 miles to 29k miles. It could be worse, the handbrake sees it as a new kitchen:astonished:. Appeasement in the form of making it a Frankie Chili replica could be possible, but converting me into #7 Mr Chili from Rimini isn't going to happeno_O

19. I’ll deliver the kitchen, if you deliver the bike ;):eek::)

20. Your username suggests you are not Claudio Celiberti, but if you are a discussion could be possible:upyeah:

https://www.studioceliberti.com/million-pound-kitchen/ :grinning:

There is a slight problem in so much as what the bike is worth, what the handbrake wants to spend on a kitchen and what I want to spend on a kitchen are three vastly different numbers! I'll let you guess who thinks a kitchen has more lasting value than that old motorbike buried the garage, the temple of doom or as I prefer to call it aladdins cave:)

I must get in touch with my preferred "kitchen supplier & fitter" John Cellier (BVT):)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information