1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000r Exhaust , Which One ?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by simmytt, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Yep.

2. When are you planning to collect @bradders ?, Oxford are old school and give out a nice boxed bottle of wine, so make sure you take a backpack if riding your partx in.

3. Bought from Cotswolds, as its local, Cheltenham. Collect Sat am

They are collecting multi Tuesday night, as it needs an MOT so having them do it (far easier). If they find loads of stuff, of the px value changes (they get chance to look everything over) I’ll be having my money back and go to Oxford.

• Like Like x 1
  4. @simmytt

I have a decat set of headers made by Power Flow on mine, with an Akra end can on it. It's very loud and at first i felt it lost some of the subtlety of the original system.

However, love it now. Great for commuting; other bikes pull over and let me pass when filtering, then tuck in behind while cars part left and right for me, like some second coming :)

To answer your original question, i've always like the stubby Akra.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I would love to put a full system on the bike as they sound fantastic but its going against why I got the bike in the first place, so subtle it must be, pretty sure I am going down the Akra route, going to wait until the bike show as Calsport always have a stand and offer good discount, also keeping one eye on ebay for a good used one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mate has full Ti Akra on HP4, no cat. It isnt too loud imo. In fact he cannot hear his when he is behind me on pani. I think its quite reasonable for a race exhaust on a cruise missile. Sounds nice.

7. Good thing about the Akra end can is its compatable with the headers, so if I change my mind I can add at a later date, tbh they sound pretty good standard, still got the 1299 with Akras tucked away for a noise fix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Austin Racing full inconell system is the mutts butts.

Have the full system on my bike.

Ungodly loud too.

20180225_172259.jpg

20180522_113554.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information