1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S1000r First Ride

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Oct 21, 2018.

1. 14995 for an RF right now. That’s 10k less than panigale and with all the toys ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. So, did the Akrapovic muffler make things louder or just change the tone? Asking for a friend...

3. It’s standard fit. Pops nice on downshift

4. I actually love the look of the SDR, it’s a mean looking beast and is built like a tank!

Previously I’ve had a Tuono 1100 and it was cramped even by Sportsbike standards.

Sexy... :heart_eyes:

A88AF9F2-0D04-4EE3-B1E5-320058D942D4.jpeg

#44 Jimmy899, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Crap Crap x 1
  5. My new scoot :upyeah:

6. Me on anything with a seat height of less than 890mm :joy:

7. Taking the cat box off makes it a hell of a lot louder, and boy does that thing weigh some.

Nice write up @bradders , and i see where you are coming from. This bike is almost too good, it does it all so well it could be classed as a little unexciting. It gets the power down so well i find myself so much faster than when on the 1198s. It's my first non Ducati, so first IL4, and it did surprise how much torque it has - i expected none.

8. I have the comfort seat as it came with it, it's very erm, comfortable. Worth getting i think.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ideally looking for a used one as they are bloody expensive new, also no idea why bmw thought it was a good idea to add the white band to the lower section, leaning towards a sargent seat as they are all black, i am sure i will pick one up soon.

10. I’ve seen them now and again on the S1000rforum.

11. Does it make the seat height higher ?

12. I think so, but then compresses once you sit on it back down to standard height.
    Maybe.

13. All fitted @Billy Big Roy and torqued up.

AA1564AD-702E-4B09-96DF-9EA7A551DBB0.jpeg

And some may like this...subtle ;)

ED91342F-1C9A-48B1-8D4F-D4D8670F72E0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. That looks awesome Paul, it really blends in with the black rim and tyre. Thanks for sharing mate.

15. IMO, shape of seat will make as much difference as height. Big, wide seats spread legs apart and stop you getting feet down just as much as a high seat. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 3C168435-99AA-466B-9AA9-7BF183594A49.jpeg @simmytt

The stripe is more of a grey than a white. It cleans up well too (I’ll do that this weekend)

• Like Like x 1
  17. One of my neighbours used to have a Harley Davidson Dyna Road King Fat Bob and it had a really low seat, so one day, out of idle curiosity, I thought I'd ask if I could sit on it to see what it was like.

However because the seat was so wide (I assume to fit a fat American arse on it), it splayed my legs so I couldn't get both feet on the ground.

18. I recon it’s more Junkers Teri motor to ME109 isn’t it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information