1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4rs First Impressions

Discussion in 'Monster' started by bradders, Aug 23, 2020.

1. New part ordered from MR via eBay.

2. You can just use a SS jubilee clip. I had a similar breakdown but mine was the hose delaminating so it didn't stop running and was not until I stopped to regroup with mates and one of my buddies pointed in horror. Anyway, major staining of engine paint occurred and I replaced all the fuel line with high pressure fuel injection line and jubilee clips. Just an age related thing. So then I did the rad hoses too before they had a chance to let go. Top tip, check out the cush drive rubbers as they will need doing if they havent already. They are not too expensive but the damage they can do if they let go is. They will pop out towards, and rub on, the hub.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Engine already needs painting so not too much to worry about. Good reminder on the Cush drives, I have a new C&S to go on so I’ll check at same time :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Your welcome mate :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Bit late to this party but the S4RS is pretty much the only other Ducati I would have swapped the 998r for back in the day and even now. Was lucky enough to have a spin round cadwell on a DUK Monster S4RS, loved it, so much easier to throw about than a 998.

Slipper clutches can be grabby on take off, just had one removed from 998, back to OEM, now a smooth as butter setting off and no great issue with a blip of throttle on downchanges. I'll get used to it.

Still hanker after an S4RS from time to time, maybe a better bet for an old time such as myself. :astonished::)

• Like Like x 1
  6. It’s easy to ride and easy to ride fairly quickly. Bit disappointed that I don’t get the wow factor in its delivery that some describe. That ‘it wheelies in the first three gears!’ Stuff. Ok I have wring it’s neck yet but even with aggressive roll on, any bike can wheelie clapping the throttle, it doesn’t have any front end lightness.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Less pies?
    Lol!

8. Possibly.... But I'd have thought more pies plus upright position would mean easy wheel up action :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information