1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S4rs What Fits?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by bradders, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Egg sucking class again.....Are you sure you haven't forgotten that one end of the adjuster has a reverse thread? :p

Seriously though, "they all do that sir" - probably due to galvanic corrosion between the alloy body and steel adjuster rod. Every one I have ever had has needed to be removed from the bike in order to be brutalised into compliance with WD40 and a blow torch.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Haven’t tried it yet, but I probably would have so thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. "Possible PC"? you want a laptop to flash it with?

4. Power commander would be preferred;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ah - ok - (just get Chris to map it at cjs..) no need for the power commander then...?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Do the UK S4Rs have plastic tanks then?

7. If you get stuck I have a spare tank from an S2R1000 in red with white stripe and in reasonable condition. It came from a 2005 bike , I`m not 100% it will fit an S4RS but worth checking if you need.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fuel pumps are different

9. Is the tank itself compatible ie: is the fuel pump mounting the same ?

Thanks

10. S4rs has an oval pump base same as 1098 style.
    S4r has a round pump base, 996 style

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. Yep.

12. So will an S2R tank fit my S4R? I could do with a spare for track days as I just had the tank painted and wrapped with paint protection film. After all the hassle I had with the body shop doing the job, from them forgetting to tell me they were shutting for lockdown a day earlier than they planned so that my bike ended up stuck in their workshop for 2 months, to them nearly setting me and my son on fire by giving the bike back to me with a split fuel hose, it's not an experience I am keen to repeat tbh

#32 Zhed46, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. What sprockets fit? Struggling to find a set, so I am 99% front will be same as 996 etc, what about the rear? Same as 996, 848, any small bib sssa?

14. I reckon same as 748/9*6. These fit my M1100S.
    Not sure about front - it may be a big nut type fit like on a 749/999.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. It’s a t9 motor I believe so could be likely. Finding info on this bike, due to its age, is quite difficult. Even wading thru old pages on monster forums. And all google wants to do is sell me stuff that doesn’t fit :rolleyes::poop:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I did both with my S4 special - one down on the front and two up on the rear. I’ve not touched the S4R yet as the C&S are in reasonable nick

17. What diameter pin do you need for the rear stand? I’ve got one in the shed off my KTM GT.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information