1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad sad news re 470four

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by duc904red, Dec 21, 2012.

1. What a fab thought
    Can we please :)

2. Little Bro

Hey ,,

Im pete, Darrens "baby" bro . im 32 and live in australia.

He is my hero
    my Dad and Mum where pretty shit when it came to being parents
    he was my parents
    he taught me so much

These past few days have shaken my world beond reconition
    reading the past 8 pages helped me a big deal
    he was a legend and always will be

Any one who want to talk, shoot me a personal message with your number.

The world will never be the same

Be forever Free my wonderfull brother :( xxxx

• Like Like x 15
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Truly sorry for you and your family Baby4. Like others I only knew Darren from here. He was a nice, funny man. I, like a lot of others here, thought he was planning to go to Australia. I used to joke about it with him.

My thoughts are with you all at this time.

4. So sorry to hear of your loss Pete, thoughts to you and your family at this difficult time

5. He wanted to go out to see you Pete, but it never happened for whatever reason. Don't let anything get in the way of your fond memories of him.

6. Gutted for you.
    I didn't know your brother in the flesh but we shared quite a few emails .. And PMs on old site.
    One Sunday we just yakked back and forth.
    he had a wicked sense of humour and sent me some well funny stuff.
    He used to flag up funny you tube stuff.

A few things he said really really cheered me up.
    Also he would send a little virtual hug which was sweet.

He made me a very funky Ti part for my bike.

He was so so looking forward to getting out to Oz ...
    He honestly was ...
    I know when he looked into it wasnt so easy.
    He seemed gutted.

I wish to god he had opened up.
    But it seemed like he did not want to burden anyone and hid behind his humour.

I don't know the ins and outs of this but I knew he had several things go wrong one after the other..
    But my guess is more to it then that.

I'm so angry at myself as this week I thought must pm / mail him to check he's ok around Christmas.
    i know it's a dreadful time of year if you not in a happy place.
    I logged on to see a thread and felt sick as thought he'd had a crash.

I just want to say that he made me howl with laughter at times with his near to the mark jokes and youtube stuff..

parents just because they are parents are not always good ones...

Please never blame yourselfs ..

He made a lot of people laugh.
    his knowledge was great and alot of Dukes now have your brothers parts

He was very proud of his Doocat ...

I don't know what to say..
    Although I did not know your brother except online briefly if you need to off load or talk to someone please PM me.
    especially if no parents to talk to.
    I'm more then happy to listen.

if not me then I'm sure others here will as well.

Melanie x

7. So sorry for your loss Pete. Many of us overseas had the opportunity to chat with Darren because he made case savers (a metal plate that protects your motor from serious damage in the event of a chain snapping) Though it wasn't necessarily just money he was helping us potentially save. If that happens you risk a lot of oil coming out of the bike and onto the tire, and obviously a serious accident.

Darren's contributions, his good humour, his generosity and that he made something that could have saved a life, were the mark of the man. Life can be pretty challenging. I lost my job this year and close relationships with girls I cared about. I'm still not working. It's been hard. But one of the things that gives me strength is being a part of the global Ducati community. I don't know if it's the nature of the bikes we ride; they're expensive to run, fickle and need lots of fettling (and personalisation). Of course we love them for it, but (perhaps as a consequence) there are also some really cool, clever, helpful people in our world. And Darren was one of those. I'm only sorry he couldn't have read our comments beforehand. He would have stayed. Dammit, the man said he would make me another (titanium) case saver!

The contributions Darren made will be missed from all of the communities of which he was a part. I hope you can find some small consolation in that. Thinking of you and your family at this very difficult time. Hamish.

#187 Kiwihame, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Sorry to say I've just learned I've lost another friend in the same way. This is turning out to be a bad christmas.

I can only say again, if you have problems, please please please talk to someone. The world is full of wonderful people just waiting to hold out a hand of support, if only you'd talk.

9. Sorry to hear that fig, thoughts with you also. And yes you are right talking is the way forward to express anything and everything don't hide people you have more friends than you may think you do

10. You only have to read this thread to see that's true.

11. Hi Peter
    l do not know how to convey what l want to say
    Darren often spoke to me about you
    butl did not even know he had other siblings until yesterday

l am Steve Bailey

#191 duc904red, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  12. Oh Fig :-( sorry to hear this.

Agree so much on if you need someone to talk to let it be known.
    I would suspect most of us have been through tough times and dark times.

13. It's Christmas day now. Go to bed, wake up, and kiss the person next to you. And try to realise that almost any situation is surmountable. If you find yourself down a dead end, for fuck sake turn around.

14. Ooooh does that mean we can open our presents now!

15. If it's lingerie we expect pictures...

16. I'm hoping for a crutchless thong and some nipple tassles!

17. All I can say is that the forum members have responded appropriately.

You are obviously finding out new stuff about your mate, which must be difficult.

PM me if you want to talk.

No-one should be left to deal with this on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  18. So am I now! :eek:

19. Totally agree, Fig, the challenge is to get folks to open up to someone they can trust. There are many of us out there, in terms of experience and empathy. I almost committed suicide 3 years ago, and my circumstances will be different from others, the important thing is to talk to like minded folks and find a different way. Please "talk?" (e:mail, text, Facebook etc.) if you need to.

20. Texts and pm's is often a better way to converse if you can't face direct contact, it's a bit more anonymous and you can talk at your own pace. The important thing is talking, whichever way you choose to do it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information