1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sardinia And Corsica

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Dave, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Thanks. I’ve had it about 5 years and I love my Klim suit. It is more road oriented and lightweight than a lot of their gear and both jacket and trousers have two big vents on the front and two big vents on the back so I have used it no problem on plenty of hot weather trips to places like South Africa, Nepal, Spain, Morocco. Equally it is totally waterproof and works really well for cold, wet weather with thermals and an under jacket. I use it all year round in the U.K.

Build quality is excellent with strong seams, and good quality zips and fasteners all round. It’s been down the road a couple times when dicking around racing Enfield Himalayans round the bumpy hairpins of the mountains in Nepal and abrasion resistance is top notch.

In fact the only slightly negative thing I can say is that the colour shows the dirt a bit, but I don’t really care about that and on balance I prefer the grey to a black suit.

This particular model of suit was being discontinued when I bought it, so I got it for a good price. Goodness knows what I’ll do when it gives up the ghost.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Thanks for that.Ive tried on the Badlands Pro and that’s a hefty piece of kit but definitely top notch quality but yours looks a lot lighter to wear and really smart too.Dont they do an equivalent model now ?

3. Yeah the Badlands looks like its weighs about the same as a bloody suit of armour. Mine is a lot more lightweight. When I want armour over and above the regular back, elbow and knee pad inserts I wear it underneath - knee braces and force field kit when falling off a lot in the Sahara frinstance. I guess they probably do something equivalent currently but I have no idea what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We had a trip to Sardinia and Corsica in Sept 2018. Long 2 day ride to Livorno (via my riding chums in Germany) for the overnight ferry, a couple of days in Sardinia (the middle and north is better than the south), ferry to Corsica and 3 days there before getting an overnight ferry to Marseille and 2 days to get home. I think Corisica has the edge, but it's easy to get between the two islands. Fabulous mix of riding, the bike is hardly ever upright! Thew top 'finger' of Corsica is a great road, it runs alongside the cliffs with the sea to you left for miles and miles. Well worth a trip
    IMG_5199.jpg IMG_5210.jpg IMG_5126.jpg IMG_5167.jpg
    IMG_5186.jpg IMG_5204.jpg

#64 Twin4me, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information