1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sargeant Seat

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by acelav, Nov 11, 2018.

1. hi after the opinion on the difference in comfort of a sergeant seat over that of a standard one ??? with 47000 on the clock I think the foam on the seat has had its life beat out of it and it has a small tear in it now that will get bigger I,am sure so its either get it recovered with some new foam maybe a gel insert or was looking at getting a sergeant seat so any opinion thanks Stuart

2. Can't comment specifically on Sargent for SS but I've got Sargent seats on both my 916 and Monster and on both they are far more comfortable than the OEM and since they both feel about the same as each other I would guess an SS version would be too?

Quite firm yet compliant and stops the saddle soreness that the flat OEM seats give. Better even than the Ducati performance (so-called) 'comfort' seat that I previously had on the Monster and, particularly on the 916, greatly reduces the uncomfortable sliding into the tank under braking.

One thing that may cause an issue is that to get the comfort they are quite a bit thicker which raises you higher on the bike, probably around 15-20mm which I like, especially on the otherwise low Monster (I also raised the rear by 25mm) but it could be problem if you're not very tall. On 916 (again raised at the rear suspension) I can't quite 'flatfoot' with both feet as before but I'm fairly sure an SS is a lot lower than a 916.

Otherwise only downside is the price. :upyeah:

3. Recovering & foam/gel insert would be cheaper imho. Although they do have some nice optional extras/mods for the sargent seat!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both images off of https://advrider.com/

• WTF WTF x 1
  4. That's a Corbin though which I understand are firmer than Sargent?

5. They are, comfy though. I'm putting one on my current build 20181112_200305.jpg

6. +1 for the Corbin on the SS. More comfortable than the stock seat. I did did have to get mine reupholstered though, which cost about £100.

7. I have a Sargent on my 748 and it is very comfortable as well as looks good too. I had a Corbin on my 900SS and it was a massive improvement on the stock seat for comfort as well as appearance. The Gunfighter single seat option also provides more room if you are tall 20181125_074220.jpg

8. oops

Do Not Sell My Personal Information