1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Sat Nav Mount

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Joolsroper, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Nice one - enjoy

2. Does anyone have any pictures of how they solved the problem?
    Pictures of any adaptor plate or something?

3. I solved it by buying a zumo 395!! My old BMW navigator IV needed an upgrade anyway to be fair. Someone has mentioned an adaptor plate but not seen any pictures...

4. I made a simple mount for now. It's a bit crude, but I think it works.

20170528_213106.jpg

20170528_213046.jpg

5. This is how I did it.

20170529_195619.jpg

20170529_195735.jpg

20170529_200718.jpg

20170529_202908.jpg

20170529_202919.jpg

20170529_202927.jpg

20170529_205640.jpg

20170529_205655.jpg

20170529_213837.jpg

#45 Martijn, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Just been looking to fit my bracket, where does this piece fit?

image.jpg

7. See my first foto. After reading some post here my guess was that it belonged there.

8. Thanks For the photos. I couldn't for the life of me get that silver part to stick where you have shown. I just stuck it at the top front. It's all a pretty tight fit when you get those rubber inserts added.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 4 sat nav mounts at vindis peterboro, its probably a lie but I know there's one spare cause I've just cancelled my order, just like the bike there to unreliable

10. Hi all, I have just collected my Sat Nav mount today and have an electronic version of the installation instructions.

It does also cover the full install of the Ducati Sat Nav so is a big file (40Mb) and 131 pages, if anyone can advise me on how/where to attach it being so large I will happily do so

Regards Roy

11. Use Dropbox.

12. Use Dropbox Good on ya. I'm currently working out how the centre screw, the silver piece and the expanding rubber nut thing all keep it together!

13. I've tried Dropbox and it get an error message saying file is too large, but .....

Here's what is probably the most useful page (8) from the instructions, shows where all the sticky pads go and the metal plate. It's actually very easy and only took a few minutes to fit

Regards Roy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. That is indeed the most useful page! I'd already mounted it by the time I read this post though. Didn't put the pads in the same places but similar. All fitted now

15. I bought the same one from Main dealer Specifically for 1200 DVT for Garmin Zumo. Looks Identical. I understand it's made by Navihalter Germany.

16. For anybody who's interested, be careful with those little sticky pads,supplied with the mount, believe it or not their £7 each :eek:
    Don't you just love Ducati spares prices :tired_face:

17. Am hoping the next generation 2018 model will have a sat nav mount built in! LOL! I keep feeling for the zoom wheel on the handlebar that the GS had, it's the only thing I miss!

18. Joolsroper, my mate has just bought a 595 for his XR, well today when he called in, he said that the zoom wheel was as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Because when he tried to use the wheel the screen told him he couldn't use it as operating whilst the bike was in motion was dangerous.
    Do you know of anyway of turning this safety feature off please.

19. @broke, I think you have to buy the BMW navigator for this to work. I may be wrong, but this is the case with mates GS

20. It is a BMW Motorad one Wayne, it tells you this when you switch it on. The mount for it came fitted to the bike from Riders, the only thing it didn't come with was the Nav unit itself which he bought from them yesterday.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information