1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Sat Nav Mount

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Joolsroper, Apr 22, 2017.

1. OK mate, I only know my mate had this issue till he bought the BMW navigator 6? So if it's not that then he'll have to go to a BMW main dealer and ask I guess ? His Is a 2017 GS TE so not sure if the same on the XR. ?

2. I'll mention it to him @Wayne58 cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. No problem, if he can't sort, I'll ask my mate for any advice

4. Zoom wheel works only with bmw navigator only.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hi Sotos, I'm sure my mate said, the wheel works but only when the bike is stationary. Don't know about the BMW Navigator one, but I do know the one my friend has displays BMW Motorad on the screen when it's switched on. Is that a Navigator one ?
    It's a Garmin Zumo 595 model.

6. Then for sure it's not a garmin 595. It's a dedicated bmw navigator made by garmin specifically for bmw. To deactivate the safety on device go into settings and follow it from there. It's doable

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you @Sotos christou
    I shall tell him.
    It may not be a 595 but it's definitely a 5 series though Sotos.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sotos, can you tell me the functions the wheel performs on your satnav please, does it only just zoom in and out ?

9. I wouldn't know but definitely moving through different pages on screen and zoom in and out function. Plus the bikes Evi is connected to nav and you get all sets of data displayed on nav scree

10. I was using a RAM mount on the handlebars to hold my Phone/GPS but I wasn't happy with the position. I couldn't find a Navihalter but then I came across a bike for sale that had one of these:-
    [​IMG]
    www.engimoto.it

Ordered one up from Italy and it arrived within a few days. Fitted it and added a RAM mount plate.
    [​IMG]

I've now used it for a few thousand Kms and the set up works a treat.
    [​IMG]

There's a few more pics here:- https://goo.gl/photos/DmMw28kp4UeMDpVF7

This is the RAM mount plate I used:-
    https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/universal-fingergrip™-phoneradio-holder-p-1442-c-360_171.html

11. BikePenR unit neat and tidy, and a piece of cake to fit if folk dont like the high type ones ??

P1070710.JPG gps-mount-voor-stuurmontage.jpg sr12.jpg

#71 Wayne58, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
  12. The BikePenR looks a very easy neat solution. Wayne did you get it direct fro Holland or is there a U.K. Supplier.

13. actually got it from a bloke on here, so sadly, can't help you there mate. The only thing I will say, it fits to the Two top bolts of the four, but this can obscure the bottom 3 warning lamps on the dash, unless you're 7ft tall. But fitting to the bottom bolts requires very simple maths, and a hacksaw. Easy peasy. :upyeah:

#73 Wayne58, Jul 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017

14. That's me knackered on three counts then :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I ve ordered the engimoto as well, as I am tired waiting for the Ducati Navihalter version. I will post photos once it is fitted.

16. Sw motech do a sat nav mount that fits to the handlebar yoke bottom two screws. Seconds to fit and does what it should.
    Sat nav isn't in the eyeline which helps see what's happening in front but you can still see directions if needed

17. All right, engimoto fitted. As you can see it does not come on top of the smaller windscreen, which is awesome! Only issue is the vibrations but I will try to find a workaround. At the moment it does not bother me and I am quite happy with that purchase.

Setup difficulty level: Easy
    Time needed: 20-30m (Does not include GPS wiring etc. Mine was already fitted)
    Value for money: Very good
    Bottom line: Does what I bought it for.

IMG_20170715_132122.jpg

IMG_20170715_132112.jpg

IMG_20170715_132101.jpg

IMG_20170715_132054.jpg

#78 Panosher, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  18. image.jpeg Hi got fed up with trying to find sat nav mount had the factory fit farming on handle bars which went wrong so I made new small bracket for Tom Tom rider that fits onto my screen adjuster done job perfect

image.jpeg

19. The only thing wrong with your photo is you,ve not shown the bracket you made so the guys on here can copy it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information