1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav Options - Once Yearly.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Mattmk1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. I ran Waze for a week with no issues (Paris). Your data now follows you over to most places.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I use Sygic on my Android phone as does my niece on her eyephone. All the mapping is off line on the phone so no data roaming charges.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ah - yes - mines different to that....ram x-mount....

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have never used it, does it do any of the live stuff like traffic and dynamic re-routing for incidents / works?

5. Not while it is working off line it doesn't, it would never know about such incidents.

6. Then I shall wish it all the best and stick with Google Maps. :)

7. It does if you use it “live”

8. And if you don't download them onto your phone then they will also use loads of data.
    Might not be too much of an expense atm, but who knows what brexit will bring?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Worth noting that Google own Waze. It has all the Google traffic data plus all the crowd sourced/community data.

Waze highlights and provides a distance countdown for speed cameras, potholes etc.. It also has a send ETA option, motorcycle specific mode and a “Go Later” option that allows you to select a time in the future to arrive at a specific destination, it will then use the average road and traffic conditions to set a departure time.
    As it uses community based input it alerts you to things like mobile speed traps, obstructions (standing water etc..) and accidents.

I might sound like I’ve got shares in Waze, but I do over 30k miles every year and it’s saved me hundreds of hours and a good few speeding tickets over the last few years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I have adaptive wallet technology, leveraging realtime behavioural shifts by crunching data from news sensors and common principles (aka Common Sense®) to anticipate changes of tariff before billing strikes. This kind of proactive concept defers hysteria and can prevent jingoism, skinniness and warts before they occur... It's the future, man!

11. You pretty much nailed the differences. Sounds like you work for Google, do you?

12. Haha, nope, it’s just really helped me out.

Driving from Liverpool to Preston last week it re routed me due to a road closure. My colleague using the nav in his new Jaguar was almost an hour behind me!

13. Probably because it broke down twice though :eek::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Can you reliably route plan, with a complex back roads route if you wish, in advance on your PC using Waze?

15. I do agree that the situation calls for your phone really. And the only thing I'd suggest to those doing so is; keep a record of your phone contacts. Either by the method of writing them down or by digitally storing them.

As a new year has come about it should be a call for people to digitally back-up important documents to secondary (non online) HDD. That should not in my humble opinion include or be reliant upon cloud-services as they are useless. OYB ducati outlet can attest to these services been a ridiculous waste of cash. And finally passwords should be expanded upon with new characters added to help evade potential intrusion.

16. Unfortunately not, It does have a multiple route preview feature - I find this useful when driving overseas and I want the most windy route.

I use Scenic for route planning and uploading pre planned routes. It’s great as you can just click on a ITN/GPX route link and it will import into the app.

17. You can use mymaps in google and it’s fairly ok for planning stuff

Example
    80C3D1EF-DCDE-47FD-8676-2C773C1B4BEB.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Sorry, didn't phrase my question particularly well... What I meant is can you plan a complex route on your PC and then load this into Waze and then have it follow it fairly faithfully. Your reply seems to infer it will import an ITN or GPX file. Thanks.

19. OP , I have a used zumo 660 for sale ...not expensive , PM if interested

20. Seems unlikely. Waze’s USP is that it works out the fastest route dynamically based on live data from the user community.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information