1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav Planning

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by NSR500, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Jesus... all this faffery. MRA does the lot including streetview, Michelin mapping, HERE routing (same a Garmin use). Admittedly this is the paid for version but all in one package. Plus it runs on your phone too and, at a pinch, that can be used for planning and amendments. Unfortunately I still need to take a laptop for work still though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. True, but Steve and I love a bit of faffery...!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tyre is certainly very user friendly and easy to create gpx files of routes. Currently moved a generation to Calimoto on my waterproof mobile that let's you plan on mobile or pc. All good apart from finger to screen moments on the bike!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's a good option, but you get a lot of unnecessary points and it can wander off course due to mapping inconsistencies (also you can't add waypoints without taking it via Basecamp, or similar)

5. I 2nd MyRoute-app I tried base camp but I still struggle with it MyRoute-app seems really easy I haven’t up graded yet as I’m still using the free version I have loaded a couple of rides on the garmin the route on my garmin did come out as straight lines but a quick adjustment and all good haven’t tried following the route yet but it all looks ok

Do Not Sell My Personal Information