1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav Thumb Wheel

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Clarkey63, Oct 20, 2020.

1. hi I have a garmin 590 sat nav which I'm really happy with but I've been told that some laws are getting updated and touching your sat nav while sat at a junction could Now become illegal
    So the question is BMW have a thumb wheel on there handle bars connected to the sat nav to control it with,is there anyone on here that has retro fitted a thumb wheel to there bike to enable to control the sat nav with out touching the screen
    Thanks

2. If you suffer from insomnia, these are the proposals, https://assets.publishing.service.g...-driving-consultation-on-changing-the-law.pdf. The proposals make no mention of motorcycles or hard wired/mounted dedicated sat navs, only hand held communication devices. Interpretation of and speculation about the proposals by some of the media have led to suggestions that the use of mobile phones as sat navs will fall under the proposed new legislation. I’ll be changing nothing until (any or all of) the proposals become law. Andy

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information