1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Sat Nav Wiring

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Speed_Triple, May 18, 2014.

1. The satnav connector is behind the small grey infill panel between the tank and the lower fairing on the LH side, held on by 2 screws at the top. The connector itself is white with a mating half plugged into it which has 2 wire tails that are insulated by pieces of heatshrink. Remove the heatshrink and solder directly to the tails making sure the connections are suitably insulated, preferably with heatshrink. Also make sure you get the polarity correct.

2. Thanks for all your help

3. Found it!!!!! . The previous owner had fitted a tom tom , which he kept. And to keep the plug water tight; covered the plug in BLACK insulating tape making it invisible.

4. See pale blue number 8 on this diagram (from the workshop manual):

GPS connector - MTS1200.jpg

5. Thanks, just what I needed to know.

6. I have a Zumo which has been wired in by previous owner. I need to check how whether the sat nav connector has been used. Am I right in thinking I need to remove the upper black plastic fairing pieces, then the tank and then the second lower black plastic fairing pieces to get to it. If so would you be able to tell me what I need to do to remove the tank. Many thanks

7. I have my LM590 hard wired to the battery, somehow it turned itself on (or I forgot to turn it off) and flattened the battery while I was on holiday, just when I needed the bike. So does anyone do a ready made lead to fit the connector you guys mentioned?

8. I don't think so but I'd like to be proven wrong. I had to connect the lead which came with my Tomtom to the plug with tails which Ducati provided.
    Having just said that I wonder if Ducati supply the correct lead without the need to resort to soldering, as their device is a Garmin

9. I just had to replace my Garmin charging lead as it was faulty after 4yrs. Bought the lead from garmin and then the connectors from CPC.

10. No need to remove the tank. The lower black plastic piece below the tank on the LH side is all you need to remove to access the connector.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Can anyone tell me the cpc part number for the LH side sat nav female connector?

I'm trying to hardware my zumo 395 but the female connector with the heatshrinked tails is not present.....

Tia

12. Can anyone help me out with the cpc part number for the LH side sat nav female connector?

I'm trying to hardware my zumo 395 but the female connector with the heatshrinked tails is not present.....

Tia

13. IMG_4750.PNG

14. Thanks so much!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information