1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by gc6269, Aug 26, 2018.

1. 6AA9A99E-8599-45D8-BD81-64C3A71B485E.jpeg >>>>>Good day today,

We now have rad guards for all models of Multistrada.
    Water cooler rad guards £64.99
    Oil cooler guards 49.99
    Purchase together for £99

Also 2015 onwards Multistrada nav mounts. Final test parts fitted today and fit great. Taking orders at £70. Mount will be powder coated<<<<

This chap who posts on the 1260 Facebook page looks to be close to selling a sat nav holder. Jamie Clare or iconicjamie on eBay?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi All.
    I have the brackets ready to ship.
    Give me a call on 01420 84480 to make the payment and i`ll ship it out today.
    Regards
    David

3. I just use google maps on the phone. Download the maps needed at home. Pop the phone into the tankbag (Clear phone part!) and off you go.
    Costs nothing and you don't have to be worrying about the satnav when leaving the bike.

4. I don't think that you use sat nav in the same way that I and many others do... For getting one from point A to point B Google Maps, and various lesser PNDs, work fine. If that's the way you roll then that's great, carry on.

For recreational riding and touring, with the ability to plan, in advance, intricate routes following the roads you specifically want to ride then there's a requirement for something a bit more fully featured. This is where the likes of a Garmin comes into play. Yes, there is something of a learning curve to exploit their capabilities but the rewards, IMHO, are more than worth it.

5. True, everyone has their own preferences. I really only use Google maps to find my location and in urban areas otherwise I just stick route notes onto the tankbag.

6. I've just done 2200 miles through France, the Pyrenees into Spain and back using my phone in the top of my tank bag.
    Had both my wifes and mine plugged into the socket via a hella plug, Google maps on and a set of helmet speakers.
    A little tricky to see in bright sunshine but on the whole it worked.
    The other advantage was the phones were always charged.
    Not perfect but good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I used to use my phone on a ram x-mount, satnav apps like scenic better more handy and more user friendly than the TomTom I got with the bike...then I had an off that resulted in not being able to getup/walk, and couldn’t get to my phone to call for help. Lucky that passersby did it for me but - lesson #2 - that’s the end of the phone satnav for me til I can get a “spare” one and keep my/a phone in my pocket.

I know I could have broke it in my pocket also, but i think chances are slimmer in chest pocket.

Lesson #1 - don’t crash.

8. I keep my iPhone in my jacket pocket and use a cheap rugged Android phone for navigation (the Android navigation apps are much better than the iPhone apps by the way).

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have a navihalter bracket for sale if anyone interested

• Like Like x 1
  10. In what way?

11. For example, The Android versions of the TomTom and Osmand apps are more capable. For instance, the IOS version of TomTom's GO app does not support stored GPX tracks/routes, whereas the Android version does.

Two extremely valuable apps for a motorcyclist, Locus Map Pro and Kurviger, are not available at all for IOS, only Android. I particularly like Locus Map for its superb handling of stored tracks, routes, POIs etc. You can have hundreds, all easily organised and accessible. Both of these are also brilliant for making new routes on the fly, very quickly.

12. Just one observation from our recent tour is that for big open french roads the touring setting on the 1200s was great, power when needed, easy overtaking.
    Not so great in the Pyrenees though, some of the bends are really steep and sharp, needing a lot of concentration and a responsive throttle.
    I changed the setting back to sport, made all the difference.
    I had a fair bit of weight onboard, panniers, top box, tankbag and a wetbag strapped on top and the wife.
    The throttle response in touring is fine on open roads but not for mountain passes.
    I must admit to a couple of squeaky bum moments, until I'd changed it.

13. Do you know if it takes a TomTom rider holder, if so how much you you want for it?

14. Cool, could you pm details on how to pay

15. If anyone wants an unused Ducati bracket, pm me. The metal clip was fitted to the bike so will need some double sided tape but other than that it’s brand new.

I went for the Bikepenr set up.

£50 posted?

16. I converted from a dedicated unit to a Quad Lock and waterproof iPhone 7 about 18 months ago and I’ve never looked back.

The range and capability of apps available on smartphones wipe the floor with the dedicated nav units. I use Waze or Scenic.

The other vital addition, if you’re doing longer journeys, is a USB port for power.

17. Bastards, all flogging their Navhalters and Ducati equivalents for reasonable money when I've just spent around £100 buying a Ducati one plus additional bracket for my Zumo 590 :rolleyes::D

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gc6269, sent you a PM mate ;)

Bradders, if that sale falls through and Gc6269s one has gone, I will have it please mate. Just send me a pm in case I miss any post as I'm away for a few days.

Cheers guys,
    John.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Replied!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information