1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Ride

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by bradders, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Antine up to anything? Fancy meeting up? Got a bike this weekend so thought I’d take advantage of the weather and have an all-dater Sat.

No plan yet, but if no suggestions I’ll probably head west into wales to the sea

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gawd I've got new tyres to scrubb in but working sat! Have fun Paul & co'

Finally getting round to setting my abbastand skylift & other kit from them. Along with my max2h tyre changing shenanigans.. will post a thread & lots of images.

#2 GunZenBomZ, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Will already be in Barmouth on Saturday morning having ridden mid Wales on Friday. Then doing Snowdonia and winding up in Yorkshire Dales on Saturday night. Consolation trip to try and partially make up for having to cancel Ireland trip that we would have been on had I not been so ill a few weeks ago.

#3 Bumpkin, Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Wonder how far the Dales are for me...and if I can fond an interesting route. Can’t say I’ve ever been, other than a family drive thru

5. Scrub that...looks like a mega boring ‘get there’ ride!!

6. I have the bike for Sun too, so if you fancy meeting for breakfast somewhere let me know. Would like to be back for lunchtime to drop bike & watch racing!

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. That's the problem, I'm a bit spoilt by having Wales on my doorstep. We're hitting the M6 on the way up on Saturday for a bit and then M65/66/67 on the way back on Sunday to jump from the Dales to the Peak District. Necessary evil...

I imagine that Dales will be full of bikes at the weekend and police presence will be significant.

8. I hear Ducati roadshow is on at Loomies this weekend. In the abs exercise of any friends whatsoever, seems a destination that a decent ride to and hopefully catch up with some old mates.

So that’s the plan. Hope to be there by lunchtime

9. I would have, but there's a bike night at J&S in Gloucester tomorrow and I'm manning the IAM stand and taking interested people for 'taster' rides.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reckon I'll need to join if I want some local riding mates! May have to bite the 'rules' bullet! :joy::joy:

TBH my riding could also do with it...!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got sunday booked for work now, another time @bradders

12. Bradders, now I'm back on the road (after a year off due to illness), I can ride with you more frequently :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry to hear you’ve been unwell matey, wondered where you’d been :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ended up with a singular ride via Burford, Lechlade, Farringdon, wantage, Newbury then they yawn that is a34 (couldn’t face Newbury town or Basingstoke on a hot Saturday!). Great to have a drink and chat with some old friends.

Then headed back via Stockbridge, Clare, Stroud and picked up a pikes peak on the road to Marlborough and had a nice ride.

GS is a good bike, ESA works far better than on the bmw sports bikes, but multi is a better all round bike imho

#14 bradders, Jun 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  15. Wantage? :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information