1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Satnav Advice

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Pembroke Boy, May 17, 2015.

1. still trying to buy a navilhalter....390LM turned up and it has a bespoke charging mechanism as well as mini usb, bit annoying (for me) as I have the waterproof connections for the usb already fitted to the bike. Looks like I may be changing the wiring then :persevere:

2. good how to vid btw and its the same connector from the last multi. Shame I have one that is wired to the ultimate addons cables already DOH

3. Many thanks. Don't forget to thumbs up, like vid or whatever it is you do on YouTube...

4. Are you sure the 'bespoke' connection isn't the Garmin wiring loom which needs connecting to the Ducati provided Satnav power cables.

Phil

5. Yes it is, hence I have to change the adapter. The one I have for UA is a mini usb same as the one for the car kit, whereas the bike one has a different connector to be waterproof.

6. OK, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I think you're talking about the power socket on the right of the clocks? I'm talking about the loose cable located on the left side of the tank under the top faring cover which needs to be removed. There's a heat-shrink covered loose cable in there which is where you need to connect your Satnav power cables to - not the 12v power socket.

Phil

7. Actually you have a choice of connecting to the Hella socket on the right or the (hidden) white connector on the left. Either would work. If you want it to be easy to unplug the whole setup and remove it from the bike, use the Hella socket; if you intend to leave the Garmin mount on the bike, better to use the white connector.

8. I have the hidden white connector from the last multi I had, as I used that to wire to the ultimate addons power supply

I have a UA set up with interchangable connectors, iphone 4, 6 and mini USB (Gramin car satnav)

The LM390 has a mini USB but, for use on a bike has a specific power lead that does not use the mini USB connection

SO, I will chop the new garmin lead into the old multi connector I have, dump the UA lead I have now wired into the hella plug under the seat, then use that for the hidden power supply (as per vid)

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Or as I did connect under the seat and run up to the front, leaving the front one free for vest phone or whatever

10. You're right, that is a third option if you want to leave both the connectors at the front free. I doubt if many folk will go for that one.

11. Up until I read it here, I didnt know about the extra one at the front

12. Navihalter indeed looks great however I'm struggling to work out where to run the cable from the 390LM unit down behind the lovely display. There doesn't seem to be an obvious solution as either it goes behind the two elements of the screen mechanism or alongside the display itself? A picture would say a thousand words :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. where can i get the small sized power plug for the under seat power port on my 2014 multi to use my phone?

14. I don't know the 2014 model, but it only has a DIN power socket and not a USB one, you should be able to find a suitable adapter at Electrical.

No direct personal connection, just a recent and happy customer.

15. I personally hate those kinds of adapters as they tend to protrude quite a bit. Grab one of these and wire it to the satnav feed. 12V to 5V Dual USB Power Adapter Converter Connector Car Motor 3A Charger UK | eBay

It's what I have and it's perfect. Charges my iPhone (which is my satnav) and also my action cam

16. Run it direct off the cable connection lhs front of the bike.

17. wire it to the satnav feed. where is that and how easy a job is it ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Very easy. Like Bradders said, left hand side panel (two bolts) and it's just sitting there waiting for you to use it. Where in south London are you if you can't work it yourself? I've a soldering iron and some cable, you just need one of those eBay things I linked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JH thanks i will order it and pop down to you your near my Brothers near Forest row
    i'm a pen pusher cant do anything mechanical

Do Not Sell My Personal Information