1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scammed On Ebay

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Justatad, Mar 11, 2019.

1. me too, just been had on a B&O high end deck I sold to a dealer. He said it was damaged when it arrived and said would I like it fixed by him or would I sell him it broken, it took 3 weeks for him to send it back and some bits are not mine because I took detailed pictures of it, he already got a refund by Paypal including the fcuking postage back and E-Bay won't look into the case so I am in a dilemma with a deck missing my parts so not sure what I can do as Royal mail who I sent it with insured won't pay for minor damage because it was internal??

2. Name and shame won’t get your money back - but make you feel better

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nearly got screwed on a Porsche 911 front splitter a few years ago but luckily enough i had paid for the extra post insurance costs.........tosser:mad:

4. You all say that but i got done by a seller. Sent a laptop off for a gpu repair (i dont have the tools to repair at that level) sent the laptop off - it came back not working. I complained, raised it with ebay and they sided with him....

Fucker.

5. Op why not try the small claims court?

6. Simple answer, never use paypal!

7. You need a real name and address to do that. I’m assuming the scammer’s using an alias on eBay and the address for delivery was c/o A N Other. But, if those 2 pertinent bits of information were to hand, then yes it’s a useful tactic.

8. Thanks for this. I no longer feel guilty about that multistrada engine swap I did recently when I was having the troubles!
    Whew, conscience cleared!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. A multistrada with issues... Now I know you're lying :joy::bomb:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I wish...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I nicknamed mine faultistrada... Enough said

12. Forgive me father for I have sinned. It has been three weeks since I last saw my multistrada. I have been having bad thoughts...

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. If someone is doing this then I suspect they have an account to buy and then an account to sell on.
    I've had this before. What i did was change my own postcode to the delivery postcode given, then select the item I have interest in, then select on the options, nearest first. I have found my own items being resold using this and pointed it out to ebay who then returned the money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I refuse to use Ebay or PayPal because about 10 years ago I opened an account with each with a view to sell and buy; but I didn't use either account immediately.

It was just 7 days later my credit card provider advised me my card had been compromised to the tune of £8K.

They traced the transaction back to either Ebay or PayPal, but never provided me with the end result of their investigation, other than suggesting that someone had hacked into Ebay or PayPal.

They were also satisfied my PC was very secure so it couldn't have been from my end when I opened the accounts.

However, the card provider did return/give me the £8K fairly promptly without any arguments.

AL

• Like Like x 1
  15. 92F55782-F743-4C10-8A0C-4F07FB7FC8A0.png Ebay/paypal dispute resolution formula!

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Facebook scam, I have an item for sale on Facebook marketplace, £10 item, was contacted by Will who wanted it posting and payment by PayPal, agreed £14-50 posted, payment received from Udom Nyah into my account but on hold pending clearance, deliver to Peter Fellows in Paignton, messaged Will to let him know payment hadn't cleared and the item would be sent once cleared, his reply was payment would only clear in PayPal once the item was delivered and signed for.
    I might be getting old but I'm not stupid just yet.
    Is it worth scamming for a second hand item worth £10.
    Steve

17. This isn't true though - have you sent it do you mean? If he has paid by an e-cheque it takes 7 working days to clear.
    He's lying - or I haven't heard of it and I've had thousands of PayPal transactions over the last 5 years :eyes:

18. I Havnt sent it, PayPal have the payment on hold pending clearance, PayPal will conferm within 24 hours whether payment has cleared or been canceled.
    Suspicious when three people are involved.
    Steve

19. Aren't there some rules about where you must send the purchase if paid for using PayPal? I seem to remember that if you agree to send it to a second address which is not that of the PayPal account, your protection is void.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Isn't that for Ebay purchases?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information