1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scary Pani Theft

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Ducati Dave, Jul 25, 2017.

1. I had it in past with DI that if stolen from outside registered adress within 0.5 miles they would add additional 1000 to excess.
    Back then it worked for me as my garage for bikes under that policy was 2 miles away so I would take my m695 to ride them then return them and use m695 to go home.

Now not pay out at all is norm and they also changed wording from usual parking adress to registered adress.

2. Yeah dawg don’t pour a bloody kettle on it. But room temp water and lots of it has always worked for me. I can’t see how that’s gonna crack a windscreen.

3. And if your roof (metal roof) caves in form weight of snow scrape the snow off kepeing just the icy layer.

Then pour tones of boiling water on it and it pops back out :)

#63 Lucazade, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2017
  4. Yes insurance does seem pretty shite. Rules out me using either of my local fuel stations as both within 1/2 mile. That & the local shop when I'm on my way home. It would be insane to chain it up when paying at booth. Realistically? Always lock the steering. Yeah they can break it but they've still got to start the thing & /or be mob handed for when I come back. I s'pose they could have been following you in a van & then it's only seconds then it's gone. Bystanders never seem to notice. Carrying a decent chain is such a pain. It sits best in the bottom of a tankbag but you have to get everything else out to use it. I bet the lass that lost the car must have been "cased" - they had seen her do that before, probably several times. Who else would be in your yard at that time of day? Could even have been a neighbour...:imp::(

5. I’m pretty sure you’d be unlucky for them not to pay out whilst refueling. It is just a clause to stop people leaving it outside their house when it can be tucked away. Similar to when car insurance states you should be in possession of the keys to your car (cannot remember the wording). However, they will still pay out if you are car jacked or someone breaks into your house and steals it by taking your keys....

6. It’s probably a case of, were reasonable measures taken. It’s not reasonable to get a chain out to fill up with petrol, just as it’s not reasonable for a steering lock to be placed on a car in the same scenario.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information