1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Schuberth C3 Pro Opinons?.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by gregsf848, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Hi all,

As per title looking at pulling the trigger on a schuberth as tried one on at the show in february and felt very plush and comfortable.
    My Arai is a bit uncomfortable on long rides, and a mate and i are doing italy in september so i figure i need to be comfortable.

Would value some opinions (good and bad) ? from you guys and gals.

Grazie mille!.

2. Tried one on today. It felt tight on my forehead and the chin strap nearly choked me so probably not suited to my head shape ( I have a shoei Gt Air) but my mate is after one it fit him perfectly. Only issue he has is the fitting of his scala rider intercom. You can only stick it on and not use the clamp to clamp it between foam padding and helmet body. Apparently Schuberth have one that is built in to it, and it's made by scala! He's investigating this further before splashing out on one.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Admittedly i only tried one on for a couple of minutes at the MCN show
    but first impressions were good, and i have a cardo smartpack not too worried if i have to use the adhesive pad to be honest, the main thing is comfort.

4. Sounds like you tried a size too small.
    The older one is made by Scala and is built in to a collar that replaces the original.
    The newer alternative is made by Sena, and is much neater and less intrusive (no boom mike). The controls fit over one of the cheek pads, which seems naff at first appearance, but a wireless remote, which fits over the left grip, is included. The mike is short and stubby, and protrudes from the cheek pad, so is far less intrusive. Sena also make the built-in comms for the new C4 helmet.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I just tried the medium size which i normally have to get. My mate usually wears Large and that size fit him perfectly so I just assumed it would be too big for me. The Medium felt great apart from the front being a little too tight. I'll pass on the info about the Sena to my mate

6. Prior to my C3, I had HJC and AGV lids, in size small. I therefore bought a small C3 on the net, and found it was a bit tight around my forehead, but lived with it for 4 years. Have now replaced it with a medium C3 Pro, and am very happy with the fit - much more comfortable.

7. Got the s2. First impression was it was tight but after a week it was fine. Very comfy on long journey. I had Bell carbon fibre before and thought the extra weight would tell but no problem.

Regards Steve

8. Had a couple of C3's standard and Pro in the past and found them both very comfortable. We have done a few trips abroad, France, Spain and Italy in June and Sept months and to be able to pop the front and ride in the heated wind was great with the inner visor down.

Actually looking at the C4 at the mo but want to try one on before taking the plunge to see if its worth the extra over a C3 Pro.

9. Have a C3 Pro and love it, fitted with a senna 10u which works really well, it's comfortable fairly quiet and the sun shade provides excellent vision.

10. I have been using a C3 Pro with SENA 10u intercom for a couple of years now and would not change it for any other helmet. I have had many different lids over the past 40 years and not one is a patch on the C3.

11. Tried the Schuberth C3 Pro and the Shoei Neotec, bought the Neotec in the end as it is a better fit for me, and I think the padding can be customized more than the Schuberth.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. I'm using a Shoei Neotec and Interphone Tour which has a speaker set and mic specially designed for the Shoei,, couldn't be happier as the Schuberth was an awful fit and hurt my forehead.

13. I had the Shoei Neotech and was pretty happy with it for 2 years use (almost every day). The only issue was ventilation, with the short screen on my Multistrada and the chin vent open it sent a stream of air straight into my eyes and made them water like crazy.

Got a C3 Pro at the show and initially it was very not very comfortable, too tight on the forehead (the Shoei was probably too loose on me to be fair), strap dug into my neck, my ears folded when I put it on, and I thought it seemed louder than the Shoei.

However with a bit of use it's loosened up and I'm much happier with it. I do think it depends on your head shape though.

I bought the Interphone FMC5 with the hi fi audio option for both lids and I've been very happy with this set up. I managed to fit it with the clamp, but had to position the unit slightly further back than normal.

Got a great deal at the show on the helmet, especially as this was a new colour this year.
    [​IMG]

14. I'm still 'bonding' with my C3 Pro.

The fit is still not ideal, I find it gives too much pressure on my forehead and also makes too much contact round my ears (I have to be careful they don't fold when I put the helmet on).

Seriously trying to decide if I want to take this or my old Neotech on my upcoming European trip, which is annoying given the money I spent on it.

15. With a bit of carefully-applied thumb pressure, you can slightly crush the foam on the bits where it's tight on your forehead, but it sounds like you need the next size up. FWIW, I love my C3 Pro - had two now and a C3 before that. Tried the C4 but couldn't justify the extra £200 - it wasn't £200 better.

16. Yes, I got the forehead part looser, but the chin strap digs in and the pressure on the ears is still an issue. It's fine for about an hour at lower speeds but I used my old Neotech for our trip to Europe last week as I didn't want to chance it.
    (Next size up was too big)

17. Chin strap should be fairly adjustable and I think you can get different size pads.

18. Bought a C3 from Moore speed racing last year, felt fine in shop but hurt my forehead like buggery after 30 mins on the road, had to sell and go back to shoei with a GT air, comfiest lid I've had, and feels excellent quality.

19. I think it's something to do with the angle it is under my chin, adjusted correctly it rubs on my Adam's apple, tighter and if you make it loser it rubs under the chin... as I say Ok for an hour or so at sensible speeds, but not so good at motorway speeds.

20. I have owned my C3 Pro for a good few years now. I thought it was a large outlay of money to be making on one helmet. I use to buy a new cheap helmet each year or every second year. But somebody said I must buy a good helmet.

I can say one thing, it is quiet compared to the rest of the helmets I have owned. But is it as comfortable and enjoyable as owning a new helmet each year. I’m not sure about it.

I bought the SRC system which fits in the collar liner and it worked great to start but then just died and the support from Schuburth was really not great. I then moved onto a Scala 9x and now I own the Sena 10R. All have there positives and negatives, but other than that they all do the job. The Sena 10R is just very minimal and simple which is what I liked. Once you get use to all the features, it is great and you just need the time to get use to it. Plus due to the collar lining you can have the battery in there and not have to stick it onto the helmet. I was going to buy the Sena 10U, but having to open the lid to get to the controls was not an option and I was not interested in another controller to have on my handlebars.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information