1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott leathers

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Argonaut, Mar 23, 2012.

1. I recently crashed my Held 1 peice leathers and they held up (no pun intended) very well. I have a set of scott leathers as well which are very good but old style and so more restrictive. I looked long and hard at all the makes and Held came out tops for me on fit (as I am quite tall), price and quality. Suit is cow and kangaroo so light and very abrassive resistant! IMHO Dainese are over priced and the quality is not good. I put a test suit on and the collar ripped off in my hands!! Whats that all about? Unless your Valentino and get them made for you, it put me off! It's a shame if Scott are having problems as there quality has always been up there I think.

2. Held stuff looks great and those I know who've got some really rate it.

I've got a set of Scott leathers and they are good, but if I'd been treated in the way that has been mentioned here then I'd buy elsewhere. I've also got a set of Dainese leathers and I love them. The leather is thick but supple and they are made very well. Maybe you had a duff set Gds?

3. Bought these last weekend.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336197652.838260.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336197652.838260.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. I ordered a mtm dominator jacket in the middle of march and was told it would be 6 to 8 weeks. Last week I phoned to to see how it was going and was told it would be with me in a week. Exactly 7 days later it turned up :) It's a boootiful jacket, fits great. The only downside is that they forgot to include the back protector i'd specified as an extra - just phoned em, they gonna post one out

5. Hideout are great - my suit has been fantastic and I've crash tested them. They do an ACU discount as well. Great service as well, big thumbs up from me.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I seem to have about 6 sets of Dainese Leathers. It's a long story. There's at least a flimsy excuse for each of them. I just happen to be a very standard size for Dainese leathers - a 50 in the two piece and a 52 in the one-piece. I think they look great and they are comfortable and continually getting better - more ergonomic. Have fallen off in a few of them and not done myself any injury.

On the other hand, if I was going to fall off repeatedly, I'd sooner do it in a set of BKS. I had a set for quite a while (but outgrew them...) and it felt like wearing an entire cow. Protection? You feel like a mediaeval knight, but almost as cumbersome. So top on active safety, and a few notches down on passive safety. Of course, my set dated from the early 90s so they are surely better now. But then do I need made to measure being such a standard size? No.

7. Wahey, after a length of time my Scott leathers have arrived!! Do they make my bum look big or is it my fat arse that makes my bum look big?

photo.JPG photo.JPG

They fit very well, I like the Stripes and the red flash over the shoulders, all Knox armour, I hope this will give hope to some of the others who have placed orders.:smile:

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  8. Just thought I'd give my experience of Scott Leathers.
    Having seen the caliber of riders over the years who have chosen Scott Leathers to save their skin (before getting sponsored leather deals) I've always wanted some for myself.
    I went to the December 2012 NEC show to place my order/deposit and chose one of their suits that came in any 3 colours of my choice but in an 'off the peg' size. As I couldn't decide on the colours there and then Jim Aird gave me a swatch of most of their colour samples to take home.
    Making the colour choice was alot harder for me than I had imagined, the ladies at Scott helped by sending me photos of other customers suits but I still couldn't decide and never got back to them.
    Part way through January 2013 Jim phoned me to find out if I still wanted a suit as they hadn't heard from me. I explained that I was being a tart with the colours and that I was also concerned that I had tried on the 'off the peg' leathers without my thick back protector on.
    Jims solution was to send me a different leather sample and invited me along to the EXCEL show in February with my back protector. He was sure it would fit but wanted me to see for myself.
    At the EXCEL Jim confirmed that I was a pretty standard size but still gave me a full 'made to measure' service. We discussed colours, I added a fourth colour, removable liner and chose not to have a speed hump.
    I left the show thinking that it would be several weeks before hearing anything but at the end of the week Jim phoned to say that my suit would be with me the next day!
    I turns out that my order was the last one left over from the NEC show so they treated it as priority before starting on the EXCEL orders.
    I am now the happy owner of a quality suit and cannot fault the service that I was given.

#48 Luddite, Mar 19, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Since this thread's very old, does anyone know if things have improved at Scott Leathers now?

I see Scott Leathers will be at the London bike show, and their pricing looks good for made-to-measure. The comments on this old thread have concerned me, but recent reviews on Scott Leathers Facebook page all look positive.

#49 Freerange_egg, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Got a pair unfortunately they are a little snug now - but I think that’s me not the letters fault !
    But personally no complaints whatsoever- had a lot more grief getting the little lady’s leather through Ducati !!!!

11. No complaints about mine.

12. I’ve had not just one but two sets made by Scott Leathers. A 2 piece and a one piece. I did wait a while for the latter set but I have to say I’m delighted with both.

I frequently look at Dainese Leathers hanging in shops/dealerships and think the leather and finish by Scott is far nicer, plus they’re cheaper but most important of all, they fit me perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Has anyone seen or tried textile clothing from Scott Leathers?

#54 Freerange_egg, Feb 9, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information