1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Redding, Future Poll

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Trickyricky, Aug 14, 2018.

?
  1. World Superbikes

36.2%
  2. British Superbikes

21.3%
  3. Stay at home and polish his turds

21.3%
  4. Aprilia test rider

4.3%
  5. Moto 2

17.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Maybe follow Tony Elias to AMA I’m sure the lifestyle would suit him.

2. Redding a snob ?? He has expressed concerns about run off and track safety in BSB, and naturally wants to try and stay in the MotoGP paddock if he can. Where is the snobbery in anything he has said ?? Yes he was a bit daft to give Aprilia a public kicking, but he's a frustrated racer who being given a 2nd rate bike week in, week out. I fail to see in any of the media footage I have seen, where he's a snob ? I, like you are neither for nor against Scott Redding, but he seems like a decent down to earth bloke imo.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. My 'snobbery ' line came from this....
    British Superbikes ‘too much of a step back’ says Redding

I've read and seen the back tracking since then and I understand the subsequent comments on track safety but that's of little worth as it came on the back peddle. But with a statement like the above, that is what sticks. There are riders out there that would give anything to get in bsb and there are riders in bsb that feel elated to be in it.... He'd have been better thinking it rather than saying it.

I don't doubt he's a good lad to get on with and friendly etc but this episode may well mean he needs to take quite a few steps back before he takes steps forward.

Fwiw, ama got mentioned above, that thought crossed my mind too.

Be an interesting next month or two around this lad.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. AMA: may as well go an race with No Limits :rolleyes::poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. And he'd be correct in that surely ? That's not snobbery, that's ambition to stay at the top. Would you ask Messi to play for a non league Sunday side ?? Or Anthony Joshua to go club fighting ? The lad has experienced the very best that bike racing has to offer, so would you want to go back ? When the playing field is leveled by a drop or two of rain, he's proved he can mix with the best of them, so his ambition is high.

SNOB - a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and looks down on those regarded as socially inferior.

Scott Redding does not imo, come across as the above stated from the Oxford dictionary....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks, you've just vindicated my statement...

British Superbikes ‘too much of a step back’ says Redding

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  7. No, thank you for confirming my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. You clearly do not understand what a snob means nor do you understand what Redding is saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Crap Crap x 1
  9. I would like to know if redding had a tattooist on site at a gp weekend, if he was having tattoos in his motor home at a gp weekend I would draw my own conclusions on him, it was a rumour I heard that's it.

It's either bullshit or it isn't.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Not really sure what you're saying ? Even on GP weekends, they have their own time, I hear that Marquez likes to catch a movie in his motorhome. So what difference does it make if you watch a film, go out to dinner, go to the gym or have a tattoo. They don't ride bikes for 72 hours eh ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Leave off, having had a tat I personally am aware of the care and sometimes soreness especially with leathers rubbing it, anyway that aside can you imagine a Troy baliss, a Rossi, Marquez, dovi, the list is endless of riders who despite having a heap of free time would not be fucking about with a tattooist on race weekend? Anyway it's only opinion and might be false anyway but if true someone in his position not pulling trees up for whatever reason could surely do something to help himself? Surely....I'd like to think I would do something on race weekend to improve my ability to race well, he is in a privileged position and has plenty time to get tats. Only my opinion mind and I'm not over fussed but seriously he might only have one shot at this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. WTF has having a tattoo got to do with anything?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Obviously nowt, be a fucking chore focusing for 72 hours to keep ye job, yawn

14. Blood poisoning, soreness, distraction. Why hurt yourself over a race weekend when you don’t have to

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. I don't have tattoo's, or particularly like them, but if the bloke wants to get one on a race weekend that's up to him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. This is all bollox. I don't think for one minute he's had a full sleeve tat done on race day, if anything at all. But so what if he has had a touch up or a tiny shoulder tat etc. I had a beer induced 58 Tattoo put on my arm in Barcelona after the MotoGP. It is small and on the shoulder so caused no grief at all. This was done around 10pm, at 6am we left the hotel in full gear and went through one of the worst rainstorms North of Barca that I have ever ridden in, soaked to the core, it still caused no bother.

Did anyone also consider that the Tat bloke might be his mate, there as a guest etc for the weekend ? The probable scenarios are endless, none of which should detract from the OP's thread...... Scott Redding's future poll :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. It is all bollox, but we are just yapping opinion doesn't mean it's right by any means

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Redding always seemed to be the next best thing let's face it he got to be good but what next? I don't know enough to vote

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. To be fair just wish the lad all the best - he’s had some shit luck - didn’t win a possible world championship due broken wrist and Petruchi ( prob spelt wrong ) did him know favours as a team mate - but he tries hard
    Should support him as a Brit, going to be thin on the ground otherwise

• Agree Agree x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information