1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Tower House For Sale...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, May 1, 2019.

1. A 'Broch', I believe is the correct term for a scottish tower house.

2. There wont be an Tory's anywhere soon, finm. they will either be dead (the average age of a Tory party member is 73) or they will have moved to either the left or right of politics.

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
  3. The SNP are the 'Scottish Tories', despite people putting fingers in their ears and going nananananana.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Good Grief you lot!!!!!

Unless it's moved since the first post it's probably nearer Yorkshire than Thurso, by some way

It's not a bad place, all small towns in the borders, but some of them have loads of character and history. Good roads and some great scenery too.

Always thought a Broch was a prehistoric round tower, like Skara Brae.

What would I know living in one of them big dreary awful wet toons? The drugs and hookers are cheap though.

Agree with @finm in the West it can be dreary and depressing but when these good days come, almost anywhere on the West Coast and the North have gotta be the best places for a bike in Britain and there's lots of it.

I'll need to pop out now for ma prescription

• Like Like x 1
  5. I must agree with the consensus of this thread that all of Scotchland is a terrible place full of savages and midges to be avoided at all costs - please heed the warning.

The roads are all gravel and mud so no use for Italian motorbikes either - please stay safe and stay away ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. and besides, the midgie season and wetest part of the summer moinths tend to coincide with the english school holidays.
    huh, and apparently there is no God....

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. To be fair we know there is at least one savage beast roaming around up there......

8. I sincerely hope that comment was aimed at me - I am a savage and so is my wife (although she's foreign)…..

9. i think yon cigar smokin arch tory and marthon runner from glencoe is deed now btw.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I note that you are in Aberdeenshire. The greyest place in the whole world. The roads are grey. The buildings are grey. The sky is ALWAYS grey. It has more shades of grey than Christian Grey.

It makes the rest of Scotchland look like a kaleidoscope of fun.

11. could be worse, you ever been to york or hemsworth or wakefield even?
    try moving inland slightly to say, Aboyne (regularily the hottest part of the UK) and ballater ect, V,Purdy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. How rude....

My neighbor (also available in Grey);
    [​IMG]

13. I'll give you Wakefield and Hemsworth...................but not York. Despite @Exige living there it is a very beautiful city.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Shh - don't tell them

15. castle fraser?

16. DOH!.

17. its a fuggin dump man.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. No, its too grey - was my old neighbour last year - the new neighbour is Fyvie Castle :upyeah:

19. Seriously.......Scotchland is beautiful. And more so on the ten days it gets sunshine. It's just the rest of the time it's bleeding miserable.

I can count on the fingers of one hand when I've had nice weather to ride around in up there. The last time I rode up there the forecast said it was going to be dry for the weekend. They lied. I poured water out of my boots at the end of the first day. It took ten days for my kit to dry out.

20. ah, not far from cruden bay, v,nice, v,cold. i think thats why they vote tory around there, the temp matches their harts

Do Not Sell My Personal Information