1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Scottoiler Installation

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MacShot, Jun 3, 2016.

1. So i have just had my 3 year service (albeit it 6 months late as i didn't use the bike) to be told the front sprocket is worn and some stiff links on the chain. Quoted £305 from a dealer to replace. The bike has covered about 13,000 mile. would fitting an automatic oiler have helped with the lifespan? The chain is generally cleaned and chain lube applied after every ride.
    I have used a scotoiler on my old SMT which worked well. This was the 'V' system, has anyone fitted the 'E' or 'X' and if so is there any added benefit over the 'V' system?
    Thanks in advance

2. I part-ex'd my last bike at around 10,000 miles - I fitted a Scottoiler at 1000 miles, and I think I adjusted the chain (slightly!) twice in that time. Monster 1200S, for what it's worth. Prior to that I had a Multistrada 1200S, which I bought with about 2000 miles on it. I fitted a Scottoiler almost immediately, and put around 11,000 miles on the bike. Again, I think I adjusted the chain maybe twice.

So yes, my answer would be that you'd confidently double the life, if not more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I had one on my CBR650F and the chain and sprocket were as good as new after 13K miles...I am going to get the Xsystem as I can't be bothered with cutting hoses like I did with the Vsystem. Just cant figure out where to mount it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. could you share the photos as I want to order it now but no idea where to fix the reservoir. thanks.

5. Details from scotoiler support centre
    http://kbvps.scottoiler.com/article/multistrada-1200-1260-2015.html

6. I mounted mine on the carbon can, not ideal, hard to hold it solid and the tube comes out at a sharp angle. I might look at this again. See pics earlier in the thread for suggestions

7. It shows you further down the page under eSystem. Pretty much the same as V system by the look of it.

8. This what scottoiler replied when I emailed them just now.

"The xSystem will work fine by the side of the engine (see photo). The heat is really only a factor with our (gravity fed) vSystem. The xSystem will always deliver the same volume of oil per pump stroke, regardless of temperature"

Multistrada xSystem.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. but the VSYSTEM And XSYSTEM behave differently with temperature coz of how their delivery is. Look at the response scottoiler gave me above.

10. Thank you for sharing that info.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have one of these lying around as was look at installation. Not so sure with a single arm..

Any chance of a picture of how you mounted and routed things?

12. Thanks, I'll be at this task later.

13. :upyeah: RE, Yes of course I can.
    I'll add you to a link that I've already sent over to Rich W & Millie, which hopefully will help you out. By all means give me a shout if you require anything else.
    Regards
    TonyMN

14. :upyeah:RE, Yes of course I can.
    I'll add you to a link that I've already sent over to RichW & Millie, so with a bit of luck this will add you into the conversation too.
    Let me know if you need anything else and good luck with fitting.

Regards
    TonyMN:)

15. Could you share photos with me too please?

16. :) MAPEO,
    No problem, I'll invite you into the same conversation, which hopefully I'll do correctly and you can then link-in.
    If it doesn't work, due to operator error, then let me know and I'll send the photos over directly to you.

Regards
    TonyMN :upyeah:

17. Why the hell would you want to put a chain oiler on a bike with a o ring chain. All you are doing is chucking shit everywhere, Unless you like cleaning your bike stop adding stupid add ons to a bike that only needs a squirt of lube every 100 or so miles. Stop looking at things to add to your pride & joy & just ride it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. Here we go again! Please read the entire post. Chain oilers aren't for you and that's fine. This post is for the purpose of those of us that have decided we do want fit chain oilers. That's our choice, and you have yours. So in the context of this thread (how to fit a Scottoiler) your opinion isn't very relevant. Please try to respect the fact that there are some people that may wish to make choices that are contrary to yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information