1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scrambler 1100 On Bikeworld Tonight.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by 900streetfighter, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Absolutely, I’ve had a couple of Buell XB lightening’s which are probably about the same performance as the scrambler and they were great fun which is what it’s all about.
    Besides, you will already have the scrambler cuff links, mouse mat, thong etc so natural progression really :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. All weather!....that'll last as long as the chicken bake I've just had....seriously, now the hyper is in pieces I thought I'd covered the lions share of the coating...I haven't...

3. My last scrambler was out in all weathers

4. and don't forget to load up your new bike picture's and bins please;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes...but..how did the fixings and coatings fair ( be honest now ! )

6. Note to self.......must get the mouse mat ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. They were fine. Honest. But I did wash it after about 98% of runs out and it did get a couple of ACF50 coatings for the winter months.

Put it this way I was pleasantly suprised at how good it looked after being out in all weathers. And if you don’t believe me ask @rob lewis and @bettes :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. like this;) animals-mouse-pc-mouse_mat-mouse_pads-working-sden414_low.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well...you'd be the first...there's currently a v4s corroding at riders at the moment...I'll get some pics...

10. Emissions test fiddling most likely. That and they probably wen't for a different riding experience to the Monster. Riding a 796 Monster felt very different to my Scrambler 800.

The 800 had an almost flat torque curve, it's what made it so rideable and fun in town. The 800 responded really well to an exhaust and remap, I suspect the 1100 will cry out for that even more. That's the world we live in...

I wish I could have justified keeping my Scrambler. I really miss the aircooled soundtrack and it has this X factor that just made it fun, even just cruising around. I got the Hyper to try something more focused but I reckon an 1100 Cafe Racer would tempt me back!

The Thruxton R must be quick but I rode one and it felt slower than my 800. It obviously wasn't but the engine is slow, low revving and lazy. Nowhere near as eager as the Duc. The Triumph just encouraged me to bimble around, the Scrambler rewards you for abusing it.
    Same with the RnineT. Sounds amazing, looks amazing, rides really well but retains that germanic seriousness... The Scrambler was just a laugh, I hope the 1100 retains that.

BHP and performance comparisons between the retro bikes is totally pointless anyway. It's all about the fun factor and how they make you feel! Otherwise you'd be buying a monster 1200 or a Speed Triple.
    Spec sheet battles are good for reviewers but ultimately seem to produce increasingly uninteresting bikes. It's why this retro segment exists... Good on Ducati for realising this!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Love my cafe racer, thought it would be redundant after taking delivery of the 1260 but I took it out Sunday and had a blast! Recently changed the termi for the race version and it’s a different bike, it breaths much better now. Baffle out its a proper bird scaring machine :)

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information