1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desert Sled Scrambler 1100

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Robarano, Nov 4, 2017.

?
  1. Likey

13 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No-Likey

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  1. Looks like a monster

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I understand that people like the scrambler but they're just not for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. And that's fine. I love mine but in a different way to the Panigale.

4. Your mistaken, that's me visiting El Toro's to pay my subs o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. In a dirty perverse way? :worried:

6. And I think that's probably why I don't appreciate them, I guess to me it's a second bike, something small and fun vs focused and sporty.

So perhaps I need to buy something more sporty and focused and then learn to appreciate the simplicity of them

Yeah, cheers El T, that little penny drop has cost me big time

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just read it will start at 13500!

Beginning to thick Ducati have lost the plot and, like Will Young, believe their own press releases...

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. If that's the case I think I'll hang on to mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Crazy. :neutral:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MT-10 is not worried at that price...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Base model 1200 Monster is under 12k, they are using the old 1100 air cooled motor in the scrambler so R&D costs are not going to be massive, my guess is base model “Icon” equivalent will be under 11k but if you want Ohlins and all the bells and whistles it will be over 14k, Ducati have sold tens of thousands of scramblers by keeping the price low so I think they may try that again, I’m obviously guessing though ! .
    Edit, I mis-read your post Bradders, you said you have read it will start at 13.5k, where have you read that?.

12. From some angles it looks like a £500 chinese bike.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. From Ducati's website the prices are :
    1100 Standard - £10,700, 1100 Special - £11,500, 1100 Sport - £12,300
    So not cheap. Also the 1100 is only putting out 86bhp, 65 lb-ft torque and has a dry weight of 194 kg.
    I think I'll stick with my 803cc Classic with 73 bhp, 49 lb-ft and a dry weight of only 176 kg. The extra 16 lb-ft of torque would be nice though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You own a walking stick ?? :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 13500 is madness !! WTF !! Shocked :eek:

16. See post #33 DQ

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Soz, just read that, still ridiculously dear though....:eek:

18. Yeah now prices released at least they have one model in the realms of competition pricing. But the pre-release prices banded about forbthe base panigale was 22k plus and that’s in at just under 20k

19. I think to get them flying off the shelves they’d have to hit the high 9’s, that’s only £700 to 800 less than currently announced, I’m having second thoughts given the power/weight etc above, the 800 isn’t very powerful but I bought it as a small second bike knowing that, if I were to go for the 1100 I would want big bike power, I think the Monster 1100 was dropped because of the difficulty in meeting euro4 and maintaining decent power output, looks as though they’ve had to de-tune a lot to meet the regs, I’ll test ride one but I’m definitely having second thoughts now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Looks great in the flesh and very nice in yellow. Chunky bike, low seat height for us shorties, low weight, 1100 grunt (if not power), affordable Ducatisti membership, engine well known. Not sure about front cylinder sounds some owners have mentioned. Early days yet I suppose.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information